Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a pool cue to start competing

Hi TSF members

I am a regular snooker player (40s 50s break) from Morocco, lately a lot of people/clubs started to promote pool competition so every 2 or 3 weeks we have a tournament with good money (at least imo). I believe i have decent chances to make some deep runs so first thing i thought is having a pool cue, my snooker cue specs are 9,5 mm 17,5 oz 58 inches. i am not sure what tip size i need to get 7.5 mm ? 8 mm ? or 8,5 ? should i go with a lighter cue than my snooker cue ? short cue ? or get the same specs beside tip size.
    Also what brand should i go for i am hesitant between Britannia, woodscue, weichster cues, or is it worth to go for a cuecraft those all the brands in my mind.
    Let me know fellow members and sorry for bad english.

no apologies necessary, your English much better than our Moroccan

I would contact ADR147 (via pm to start) I am sure he would have something that would fit your needs

What type of pool? US (large table large balls) or UK (smaller table 6-7ft, and small balls - with the smaller cue ball)?

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If ADR does help you and you get a cue, ask him to fit one of his new calf tips for you

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        no apologies necessary, your English much better than our Moroccan

I would contact ADR147 (via pm to start) I am sure he would have something that would fit your needs

What type of pool? US (large table large balls) or UK (smaller table 6-7ft, and small balls - with the smaller cue ball)?

my bad i did not specify, its uk pool. i have played US pool once or twice before but its very rare here and i dont find it enjoyable.
        If ADR does help you and you get a cue, ask him to fit one of his new calf tips for you
        i'd love to try these tips i ve only read good about it.
        As of tip size anyone who has knowledge can help ?

Comment

I play UK pool with 8.2mm, but many of my friends play with 9mm, one or two use a snooker cue with 9.5mm

it is all down to personal preference (no help there really :wink
          My advice would be 9mm ferrule (or there abouts)
          length and weight - I would be as close to your snooker cue as that is what you are used to

How do you find playing pool with your snooker cue?

Comment

I play UK pool with 8.2mm, but many of my friends play with 9mm, one or two use a snooker cue with 9.5mm

it is all down to personal preference (no help there really :wink
            My advice would be 9mm ferrule (or there abouts)
            length and weight - I would be as close to your snooker cue as that is what you are used to

How do you find playing pool with your snooker cue?
            i struggle for grip when i hit a top spin or when the CB is near the cushion, screw and side are okay. also i lose accuracy (CB goes off aiming line) something it does not happen to me in snooker

Comment

I play pool with a 9.7mm tip. You don't necessarily need a new cue. It's your call though. I'm looking for a break cue, potentially a better investment than a pool specific cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                I play pool with a 9.7mm tip. You don't necessarily need a new cue. It's your call though. I'm looking for a break cue, potentially a better investment than a pool specific cue.
                9.5 mm feels like hitting CB with a broom ....

Comment

ADR will have a pool cue that will suit I’m sure , and they are quite reasonably priced. He plays a bit himself I believe , so you will get great advice from him as well .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I think you would be interested in reading this site https://www.gamasutra.com/ This is a fairly large community of individuals and companies associated with the gaming industry. I think that cyber sport is underestimated, and these guys are proof of that. It is a great idea to convert a hobby into a decent income.

Comment

He has made maxis many times and makes 70-80 nowadays

Comment

Working...
                      X