No announcement yet.

John Parris Ultimate or Traditional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over a year ago. His ultimates are £936 plus £120 for the one piece premium + the additional cost for an s.d. joint. They were like that over 18 months ago when I ordered my 3/4 ultimate, a year ago when I ordered my 1 piece ultimate and are still the same now.

Comment

• Surprised you didn’t mentioned it last time we chatted on WhatsApp April 23rd as you said you were done with buying cues(we all say that lol) and only waiting on a Glover cue?? 1 piece Ultimate order must have slipped your mind. You just collected your 3/4 Jp at the time as you was after my ultimate case and then the halo case.
      Always thought 1 piece charge was £60-80...maybe my bad lol. But the Traditionals and Stirling’s have defo gone up as Traditionals were £433 to £520 with Stirling’s were around £530’ish now nearly £600.
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
        Surprised you didn’t mentioned it last time we chatted on WhatsApp April 23rd as you said you were done with buying cues(we all say that lol) and only waiting on a Glover cue?? 1 piece Ultimate order must have slipped your mind. You just collected your 3/4 Jp at the time as you was after my ultimate case and then the halo case.
        Always thought 1 piece charge was £60-80...maybe my bad lol. But the Traditionals and Stirling’s have defo gone up as Traditionals were £433 to £520 with Stirling’s were around £530’ish now nearly £600.
        520 for a Traditional is ludicrous.... it truly saddens me seeing the cost of good cues exceed the pocket of your average Joe.

Even the less well known makers have seen this and upped their prices. Not mentioning names I spoke to a maker whos upped his prices from 240 (i think) to 320 for a plain 1 piece ash/ebony in a little over 15 months - same lead times as before. Cost of manufacturing or simply seeing that mugs are willing to pay 500+ for an off the shelf Parris and thought 'I'll have a bit of that'
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Originally Posted by TooDark View Post
          Surprised you didn’t mentioned it last time we chatted on WhatsApp April 23rd as you said you were done with buying cues(we all say that lol) and only waiting on a Glover cue?? 1 piece Ultimate order must have slipped your mind. You just collected your 3/4 Jp at the time as you was after my ultimate case and then the halo case.
          a guilty pleasure. lol

Comment

• i just stopped lusting for parris cues alltogether after having tried about a dusin cues from after 2006 and they were ALL crap... No surprise that trying Neil Robertsons cue (the old one) felt absolutely amazing. Deflection, feel and vibration was ALL on point. I dread to try his new one. But hey, he can play with it Just the models that regular joes buy, that are now, totally worthless. U pay for a badge in 90% of the cases now with JP

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
              520 for a Traditional is ludicrous.... it truly saddens me seeing the cost of good cues exceed the pocket of your average Joe.
              That is a point of debate. Have only played with one decent parris and I have tried about 2 dozen. Most of his cues are just plain crap.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                That is a point of debate. Have only played with one decent parris and I have tried about 2 dozen. Most of his cues are just plain crap.
                And the waiting period too.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                  And the waiting period too.
                  Are the advertised waiting periods on his site wildly inaccurate?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sentionaut22 View Post
                    Are the advertised waiting periods on his site wildly inaccurate?
                    I’d say so. At least my JP classic is still stuck in the RECEIVED state since 6 months. You get a TEMPLATE as reply every time you ask for an update.

Comment

• Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                      To be honest, MrPearwood makes a fair point in that some of these cues are getting way ahead of their intrinsic value based on hype and emotion. It is just wood at the end of the day.

That said, not all cue makers use quality wood...and not all cuemakers take the time to let the wood adjust to temperatures as this would reduce their output.

There is some value in paying for quality wood on top of the skill, dexterity and dedication involved. Some machine made cues are also great quality - Woolridge used to make some - so hand turned v machine is a moot point. Some cuemakers are living off a reputation more and more, whereas some continue to make a cue themselves using their life of experience and sacrifice profits for quality/perfection.

What one pays is their own business and it's not really anyone's else's place to criticise. Fair comments are valid though. Just my thoughts.
                      Well Said

Comment

• poor customer service & dealing with customer complaints in a more sympathetic & understanding manner, not being made to feel its unfair to complain about a sub standard cue!
                        never got the postage refund for the poor quality cue you sent me, feel very let down by parris cues, a wasted 7 months & ripped off to boot,bet pro's dont get this treatment!

Comment

• My JP classic was stuck in received state after 7 months. Got frustrated and canceled the order.

Comment

Working...
                          X