Sticky Fingers and sticky cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
    0000 wire wool wont harm the cue it just removes the dirt , you could slightly dampen a bit of a cloth and wipe the cue then polish with the dry bit , baby powder works but i find it attracts dirt , i have been using no sweat powder , its quite expensive but does an excellent job and lasts long as you dont need to use much just put it in a small sealed bag and squeeze the bag and the puff of powder is enough to make the cue slide effortlessly .
    and then get kicked out of the club for having a small bag of white powder in the case?

Comment

Buy a can of Silicon Spray, spray the shaft .... problem solved.

Comment

Acuerate Cues is now flogging cue wipes and according to the video I saw with Nic Barrow they do take all the crap off the shaft and bring the finish back to 'as new'. The problem is they are a little expensive for what they are, at least in my opinion. Check out the Acuerate website.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I'm sure if tested side by side with a spot of hot water on a decent cue towel there would be no difference, other than your pocket being a bit lighter? I played tonight in the club heating on full and sweating cobbs, cleaned my cue at the beginning of the night and my hands every frame, and no issues, and I would challenge the majority of our members to sweat more than I do in a room full of old codgers that have the temperature set at at least 25 degrees! I now pretend to turn the radiators off just to see them run to the committee to report me, I also remind them it will be hot enough were there going in the not to distant future!
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by marc.lockley@ntlworld.com View Post
            Played first league game last night and was fotunate enough to win pretty easily but, my fingers and cue were sticky again.

For the last month I have been scrubbing my hands and have cleaned my cue to within an inch of it's life (just water and drag the chalk off).

I have tried white spirit which feels fine for a while and then the cue again feels a little sticky. As regards the cue, I am aprehensive about sanding it (and it's not varnished) so thought I'd pose the question prior to wire wool etc, it's an ash cue by the way.

My hands have also seemed to sweat a little for the last month (I've played for 30 years) and last night I was on 26 and went to role a reasonable red in with a pink over the middle bag and the cue almost jumped on the way through and I jawwed it.

Well there you have it and no I couldn't wear a glove (I get enough stick as it is) and not sure about the baby powder just yet. I'd like to eliminate the cue first so looking for peoples opinions on how to clean / refurnbish the cue so it's perfectly clean ready and then maybe the other hand ideas (feel free to discuss both though!).

Ta
            you might want to read this!!!

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...9223825AAPRpXQ

after that u can use one of these :

http://www.amazon.com/Cue-Clean-Orig.../dp/B0032GCQGU

http://www.billiardsboutique.com/cue...ner-2512-p.asp

I use the 2e one !!! works perfect!! not cheap, but a bottle is enough for 5/6 months!!

Comment

A lot of mention of using the damp cloth , then dry cloth on the cue.

I do this at the begining of the night, but Ialso take a cue towel , about 1/3rd damp ( 2/3rds dry would you believe ).

I use this on my bridge hand as required, and it seems to work.

Give this a try, and see if this helps.

Comment

Carry a thin strip of 3000 grit went n dry in your case , very similar to 0000 wire wool but i find it keeps your cue like silk for days .

Comment

The
                  Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  A lot of mention of using the damp cloth , then dry cloth on the cue.

I do this at the begining of the night, but Ialso take a cue towel , about 1/3rd damp ( 2/3rds dry would you believe ).

I use this on my bridge hand as required, and it seems to work.

Give this a try, and see if this helps.
                  Exactly what I do. I can play all day at home and never have a problem. Could be the stress of a match but I really think it is the tables. Everytime you put your bridge hand on the rail you are picking up sticky sweat from days gone by because most places don't wipe down the the tables. This also transfers to the cloth. Some places we play I feel like i need to bring some mechanic hand cleaner.... I always wipe down my cue even at home when I finish. I also use a damp cloth on all balls then dry them as I put them back on the rack and almost nill as far as kicks. Then once a month I use Aramith Polish on them. Can you imagine the last time the balls where actually washed and polished at your local club and we wonder why our hands are sticky. The last guy who played with them had a big plate of fries on the go....LOL
                  " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                  " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                  http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Working...
                  X