Which brand is renowned for maple cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which brand is renowned for maple cue

I'm eager to have a new one so I hope I can get more information and recommendations. I incline to play with stun and screw back. Please advise me.

Originally Posted by Jonathanhk View Post
    I'm eager to have a new one so I hope I can get more information and recommendations. I incline to play with stun and screw back. Please advise me.
    maple is a fairly consistant timber but there is good and bad but bad is fairly obvious, so any maker will shaft wise be about the same, you could ask them to leave the top and side out and put a little more screw and stun in

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonathanhk View Post
      Makes no sense at all that lol, every single cue plays differently to each person, as long as you buy from a decent maker you have as much chance of getting a good one as anyone else does

Comment

Argos make nice maple cues

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
          maple is a fairly consistant timber but there is good and bad but bad is fairly obvious, so any maker will shaft wise be about the same, you could ask them to leave the top and side out and put a little more screw and stun in
          Ha wouldn't that be great

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Makes no sense at all that lol, every single cue plays differently to each person, as long as you buy from a decent maker you have as much chance of getting a good one as anyone else does
            Thanks for your advise mate. I just thought it must be some cue makers who are popular for having or making some high quality maple cues and get a good word-of-mouth

Comment

I think Deroo cues are very good maple cues, hes got very good old maple stock
              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Hi ! You are from HK, HK Pro Star Marco Fu uses Deroo Maple.... Should b a good choice !!

Comment

I would go for Mastercue
                  mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Don't know if you've bought one yet but, I recently bought a GBL 3/4 Maple from Green Baize. Sweetest hitting cue I've owned. Very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X