Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack Club Cue Wanted

black ebony butt! ash wood! 1 piece. made between the 70's and 80's

I thought all rack cues had cheap wood used, and the black one's are just painted..?
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

yes I search this cheap wood! if its ebony or only black painted I dont know! any helps?

Comment

i don't thick the industry were painting cues back them, but why would you think this cue that your after would be a club cue?

Comment

because Doherty plays with one of them and its known thats a club cue!

Comment

i think kens is a 3/4 cue.
            iv only ever seen a one piece ebony and ash on the rack in a working mens club and they looked like they'd been made in the 50s or earlier
            http://youtu.be/3fyUs2OlSW4
            Last edited by j6uk; 18 December 2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

yes its now a three quartier after his little butt damage! was repaired by a cue maker! a working mens club? what is it? did this cue have a brass ferrule? regards

Comment

these are social clubs with few snooker tables in them. yes some had ferrules and some not, some machine spliced cues and others handmade, wouldn't call them club cues

Comment

rack cue that was supplied with the tables! kens is a machine spliced with black butt! no name plate or name on the cue! also no marks at all! maybe in this club is what I looking for! any chance to get pics of one of this cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by Reini0100 View Post
                    rack cue that was supplied with the tables! kens is a machine spliced with black butt! no name plate or name on the cue! also no marks at all! maybe in this club is what I looking for! any chance to get pics of one of this cue?
                    id be doing the same as you and combing through the web.. i wouldn't get too obsessed with trying to find a type of cue from the past if i were you, and even if you find what you think your looking for its likely not to play like you'd hoped. id be more flexible and focus on improving with a cue that plays well regardless of looks

Comment

I have a personal cue that I play with! this rack cue I want to collect! and play a little bit with it! any helps from you?

Comment

I have a personal cue that I play with! this rack cue I want to collect! and play a little bit with it! any helps from you?
                        i see, well your after something very specific and possibly collectable. there are many others here who are more informed in this area. good luck

Comment

dont you can go in this club and look if the cues are still there? regards

Comment

dont you can go in this club and look if the cues are still there? regards
                            okay i'll do it in the morning after breakfast

Comment

ok thanks! and any good news for me? regards

Comment

Working...
                              X