Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue needed on return to the Game...

Hello to all...

Just returning to snooker after an absence of almost 30 years and I'm in the market to replace my vintage Burroughes and Watts cue lost many years ago. I started playing in the early 1950s and continued through until around 1980 when I "lost the will" :dispirited: but now, in my seventies have suddenly found the urge to play again and am looking for the right cue.

I don't recall the 2/3 joint cues being around in my day (mine was 1-piece) but I'm drawn to the centre jointed for convenience. I've looked at Powerglide, Paradon and others online but would appreciate recommendations and those to avoid. I prefer ash to maple, hand spliced to machine and am generally otherwise standard.

Budget is not a problem although £400-plus bespoke cues would probably be a waste at my age!

Thanks for any advice you can give ... I shall look forward to regularly looking in here.

Hiya Derek, if you're in the North East then go to Green Baize in Thornaby www.greenbaize.com
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Thanks for the link, Fred ... I'm in the West Midlands but visit family in Durham from time to time.

Comment

I have a custom ordered B&W cue in two piece design which I had made 15yrs ago or so. If you are interested, I can take some pictures.

Comment

Anyone paying in excess of 60 UK pound for a cue has more money than sense, have a look at this package. Good cue with great accessories.
          Last edited by ADR147; 20 December 2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by blinky88 View Post
            Anyone paying in excess of 60 UK pound for a cue has more money than sense, have a look at this package. Good cue with great accessories.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/57-Handma...item258a4fea5c
            Why are you posting this up on every thread ???

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Troll?????

Comment

Bold statement that

Comment

If you are new to the game this might be true but if someone wants to pay for a high quality British cue with their own money then that is their own choice and they shouldn't be judged for it
                  Highest Break 21

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                    Troll?????
                    for sure, cheeky china blinky likes flashing his little package on every thread

Comment

Most of the lads on here must be minted then!!

Comment

There seems to be quite a few folk on here a bit obsessed with how others spend their money , it's very strange.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          There seems to be quite a few folk on here a bit obsessed with how others spend their money , it's very strange.
                          I think its called jealousy...

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            He's the seller probably.

Also stay away from powerglide they are mass produced rubbish. Peradon not that great either.

Comment

i have a few b&watts cues which one was it if your looking for a replacment.i have other cues as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X