Old EPA rules, Deliberate Foul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old EPA rules, Deliberate Foul?

Here's a question for you ... playing the old EPA pool rules, are you allowed to do a deliberate foul without losing the frame for doing so?

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
    Here's a question for you ... playing the old EPA pool rules, are you allowed to do a deliberate foul without losing the frame for doing so?
    Simple answer is NO!!!! A deliberate foul results in loss of frame

Comment

Takes a ref with some balls to give game away though!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
        Simple answer is NO!!!! A deliberate foul results in loss of frame
        !00% right Dave.

Comment

It depends what you do. ie if you play your yellow ball on to a red over the pocket and pot the red its not classed as a deliberate foul because you've hit your ball first.if you were to pot the red without attempting to play your own ball that would be a deliberate foul

Comment

Originally Posted by 8ball83 View Post
            It depends what you do. ie if you play your yellow ball on to a red over the pocket and pot the red its not classed as a deliberate foul because you've hit your ball first.if you were to pot the red without attempting to play your own ball that would be a deliberate foul
            yep, this surprised me when someone mentioned it but the rules clearly state the loss of frame foul is 7D A player who clearly fails to make any attempt to play a ball of their own group will lose the game. ... it therefore follows that as long as you contact one of your balls first, you can deliberately foul and it should be penalised as a standard foul, not a loss of frame foul ...

I should say no-one actually does this in our league as it would almost certainly provoke some ill feeling but nevertheless, the rules do allow it ...

Comment

This is a good read, I have always known it as deliberate foul = loss of frame.

We play solely world rules in our league now but I would never say I didnt like old epa rules,

The only rules from worlds which are great is "ability to choose other colour of the break" and "single visit if white goes in off on break"

Comment

I only found out about that a few years back I always used to think it was a deliberate foul and loss of frame.
                We finally switched from old epa this season and now play blackball. The format has also been extended from 9 to 12 frames because its a quicker game. Hopefully no more 1 hour frames this season!!

Comment

The format has also been extended from 9 to 12 frames because its a quicker game. Hopefully no more 1 hour frames this season!!
                  In a couple of World Rules leagues I play in we play 15 singles frames, starting 8pm and usually finishing between 10 and 11pm.

Comment

As far as I'm aware a player playing a foul shot to gain advantage also results in loss of frame

Comment

Have to say pool is up the swanny with all the rules -

EPA and World rules and old rules and different variations in different leagues - its a nonsense to many people who don't play regular and might take up the game in the future yet with more continuity people would know what's what across the board and you would have more interest.

Comment

the team we played last night, the captain said "...oh like last week, that other team kept on about this rule and that rule... we just want to play pool!..."

ok....
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I'm pool mad but all the different rules are a joke, there should be one set of rules and that's it! Its a pain in the arse switching from one set to another playing in different leagues

Comment

German rules are the best, no penalty for a foul, and if you land near a cushion you can move the cue ball off it if you want, brilliant. I somehow managed to win 10 euros playing these rules, it's also opposite pockets on the black, and there was no chalk, good times.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                              .... and if you land near a cushion you can move the cue ball off it if you want....
                              Lol .............

Comment

Working...
                              X