"Miesta messing about"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Miesta messing about"

Since Tom (great player) called some of us out, I made a little "mess about" video as well
    Managed a 139 on my first attempt, could have been a 146 but I have this stupid pole in the way lol
    Last edited by OmaMiesta; 25 January 2018, 09:41 AM.

Nice! Loved the contortionist act on the last black

Comment

Are those posts permanent? Or are they going to be removed?

Personally, I'll give you the last black, 146 as far as I'm concerned!
      I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by cpserrao View Post
        Nice! Loved the contortionist act on the last black
        haha cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
          Are those posts permanent? Or are they going to be removed?

Personally, I'll give you the last black, 146 as far as I'm concerned!
          I asked a structural engineer and it would cost around 10gs to have it removed so unfortunately will have to put up with it I normally just move the cueball out of the way anyway.... but thanks for the pass on the last shot
          Last edited by OmaMiesta; 25 January 2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

very nicely done, especially with a very tight line up of the reds; do you find that easier than a loose arrangement up to (and maybe beyond) the blue?
            I did not count but I think you only had two shots on the green side of the black
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
              Since Tom (great player) called some of us out, I made a little "mess about" video as well
              Managed a 139 on my first attempt, could have been a 146 but I have this stupid pole in the way lol
              hahaha love this! Nice vid, good to see other forum members backing up their ability. I'll give you the last black also!
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                hahaha love this! Nice vid, good to see other forum members backing up their ability. I'll give you the last black also!
                Cheers man, it definitely adds a little more spice to the forum. Would be nice to see more people make videos too

Comment

Any room to shift the table so the pole isn't a factor?

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    Any room to shift the table so the pole isn't a factor?

I took every consideration and measurement possible A little over left or down and the walls in the way (still is for some cushion shots). Tbh it sucks but much rather have a table with a few hampered shots than no table at all

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                      I took every consideration and measurement possible A little over left or down and the walls in the way (still is for some cushion shots). Tbh it sucks but much rather have a table with a few hampered shots than no table at all
                      That's been my dilemma. We are looking for a house and at this point I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be able to have a perfect room size. So now I'm trying to determine what I can live with lol. I'm starting to think that the width of the room might be more important than length for practice purposes.

Comment

"Miesta messing about"

why not find the right house but with a plot and have a potting shed
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                          That's been my dilemma. We are looking for a house and at this point I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be able to have a perfect room size. So now I'm trying to determine what I can live with lol. I'm starting to think that the width of the room might be more important than length for practice purposes.
                          Ah I feel you man, my advice is to sacrifice a single side like I did. Its important to have the bulk colour short rail free to practice good safety as well as the black cushion short rail. As long as you have 1 long rail completely unhampered then you can practice line ups and such freely atleast from 1 side. But the idea is to isolate the problem to a single side rather than have it occurring in multiple areas which will get really annoying when trying to break build (trust me been there)

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            very nicely done, especially with a very tight line up of the reds; do you find that easier than a loose arrangement up to (and maybe beyond) the blue?
                            I did not count but I think you only had two shots on the green side of the black
                            Cheers man. Yea I actually prefer the reds closer together and under the blue because I usually only play for the blacks and pinks / practice 147s. For the other colours I normally just spread the reds around and cherry pick shots to practice. Haha yea I rarely shoot from the green side....despite the lack of practice I'm normally okay from that side anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              why not find the right house but with a plot and have a potting shed
                              Unfortunately most of the places in the suburbs don't have much of a backyard. So it would have to be a shed that takes up the majority of the backyard. But I have considered it for sure, I'd love to have a space to play without sacrificing an entertainment room in the basement.

Oma, that's an interesting perspective I hadn't thought about sacrificing one of the sides. My initial thought was sacrificing the black cushion a bit since any time I'm shooting straight down table with the cue ball stuck to the black cushion it's a safety. As long as I can cue comfortably to play reds into the side from below the pink I should be ok.

Or *gasp* I may have to get a pool table.

Comment

Working...
                              X