Are Halo cases any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Pascale View Post
    The cue craft ones are bordering on indestructible, can't beat them!
    best ever were craftsman cues own ones - i actually drove a landrover over one!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Are Halo cases any good?

Adr, I've pm'd you......

Comment

I know this is an old thread but hoping to get an answer, on the halo wide case, does the extensions start to slide up or down or are the sitting tight and compact?

i had a case before and after a few months the extensions started to slide and knock against each other, i am just hoping this doesn't happen with the Halo.

comments welcome

Comment

Halo cases are okay for the money. They look smart and the one I had (one piece wide) held everything snug, including the extensions. However, they tip over when you open the lid, which annoyed me, and if you really want aluminium, Cuecraft cases are much stronger. They do look a bit dated compared with the Halo, though.

Comment

"dated"? nah, "classic"

and I would say I prefer CC ali cases to Halo cases.
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              "dated"? nah, "classic"

and I would say I prefer CC ali cases to Halo cases.
              I agree. And since I'm also 'dated' these days, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Halo cases are slim and smart. Will they protect your cue if a car ran over it, probably not. Nothing beats a Cue Craft case for protection. Not fashionable, not ugly, not handsome, just functionally great. But heavy. Sorry, just realised ADR said something similar.

I was thinking of making a kevlar case but wasn't sure if there would be a mkt for it. For protection, it might be the ultimate.
                Last edited by Master Blaster; 6 March 2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I can get hold of the spare catches for these cases now if anyone needs any.

Cue Case Spares
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I have the halo go case, good quality case and has shoulder strap which is good as I usually walk to club with cue, so def worth getting the go version if you do a lot of walking to snooker
                    I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
                      I have the halo go case, good quality case and has shoulder strap which is good as I usually walk to club with cue, so def worth getting the go version if you do a lot of walking to snooker
                      I've not seen the strap version so will have to take a look at that, sounds handy.
                      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Yes very good, same as 3/4 black halo but with shoulder strap, I usually walk to club and back which is around a 3 mile trip, so shoulder strap is very handy
                        I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

I'm going to be trying out Shockerz Halo catches on my "Halo type" case that I got from Green Baize. I dropped it a couple of weeks back and broke the top catch.

What may be useful for people to know is that you can remove the pin in these catches if you tap the pin on the right hand side it pops out. The left hand end of the catch is knurled which holds it in place much like a watch strap segment. So even if you cant fully remove the catch you can still repair it.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by tony9ball68 View Post
                            Yes very good, same as 3/4 black halo but with shoulder strap, I usually walk to club and back which is around a 3 mile trip, so shoulder strap is very handy
                            They are as I put one on the wooden case i made myself about 30 year's ago and think most of the one piece ones are still going strong.
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              I can get hold of the spare catches for these cases now if anyone needs any.

Cue Case Spares
                              Just an update that the catches are exactly the same as the ones used on Green Baize Halo style cases. I just replaced a broken one on my case and it has worked a treat!
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                              X