Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

similar to my troublesome shot, it is more of a mental thing than anything else IMO, a dead easy shot to some can be awkward to others.

Comment

Originally Posted by vainparasite View Post
      I know this is probably the bread and butter shot for all you decent guys but i nearly always miss the black off the spot or any reds near that immediate area. I think i try too hard to get the white not to stick to the bottom cushion and mess it up.
      Ha ha everyone i watch seems to know exactly which shot to play around the black but i seem to mess it up every time unless its a simple run through

I need serious help, although my potting is improving, my positional play is totally rubbish.
      Around the black spot requires good "touch play" with little soft screws and stuns. For this I would recommend simply the line up with 1 red behind the black to start with increasing it to 2,3 and 4 over the weeks. Also try just potting the black off its spot and using the cushion to help you which is what its there for. Remember, whether you think you can or whether you think you cant your probably right so clear your mind of any negative thoughts when your in/around the pink/black area and give every pot 100% concentration.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
        Is there a particular shot that you always seem to miss? Always too thick, too thin, play it too hard, catch the near knuckle, far or just get down and expect to miss as your track record with similar angles is just too poor.
        Pretty much any shot at the moment!

Comment

Cheers Roy, I have tried line ups but i often miss the pot or instantly go out of position and either wreck the line or leave a tight angle then wreck the line with the next shot. I will stick to it tho, no matter how embarrasing it gets

Comment

Originally Posted by vainparasite View Post
            Cheers Roy, I have tried line ups but i often miss the pot or instantly go out of position and either wreck the line or leave a tight angle then wreck the line with the next shot. I will stick to it tho, no matter how embarrasing it gets
            Thats the beauty of the Line-up you can always learn. Left hand stun off the cushion from black to red or top right hand side to check the white literally thousands. Practice them all and really enjoy learning.
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
              Pretty much any shot at the moment!
              Maybe if you could if possibile cut down on the refereeing & put more time into your own game? Just a thought.
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

i always miss a really easy blue to middle thats just off straight, if it's straight, or quarter ball im fine, but if it's really close to being straight for some reason i just always miss, i think it's more psychological since i missed one a while back

Comment

Originally Posted by JoeNut View Post
                  i always miss a really easy blue to middle thats just off straight, if it's straight, or quarter ball im fine, but if it's really close to being straight for some reason i just always miss, i think it's more psychological since i missed one a while back
                  Yes pot a few in practice and take that into your match Joe.

Comment

with the object ball around 2-3 inches off the side cushion and the white about six - eight inches off the side cushion.

I tend to miss these shots to the far jaw more often than not so I have tried to catch these thicker so that they go nearer the pocket.

What do you think Willie?

Comment

shots where the white and object ball are a couple of inches apart.

Comment

blind angle shots. Cutbacks into a blind pocket.

Comment

Dead straight on the black cue ball about 8 inches off the side cushion trying to screw back off the cushion,
                          i always either miss the pot or dont get into the cue ball enough and the white finishes on the cushion.
                          i never feel very confident when using that bridge where the cue rests on the cushion and youre first finger sits over top of it.
                          New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

Originally Posted by Stunrunthru View Post
                            with the object ball around 2-3 inches off the side cushion and the white about six - eight inches off the side cushion.

I tend to miss these shots to the far jaw more often than not so I have tried to catch these thicker so that they go nearer the pocket.

What do you think Willie?
                            Learn to play these shots with "Running side" on the cueball as it will help the pocket accept the pot more.

Comment

Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
                              shots where the white and object ball are a couple of inches apart.
                              These TECHNICALLY should be easier as there is less margin for error in your technique of these shots. Make sure you have sighted the shot correctly and dont be afraid of "jabbing" at the cueball and ensure a nice free-flowing follow through

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
                                blind angle shots. Cutbacks into a blind pocket.
                                Now my good friend 1lawyer. A very difficult shot indeed. Forget all thoughts about going in-off and concentrate on the pot fully. I know you rate the ghost ball technique so try sighting these types of shots this way in practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X