Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do people think of Roy Chisholm's Snooker Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HelloTerry Davidson of Canada, have just watched your vidios, I don't mean any insult but whoever gave you a certificate as a coach never mind Master coach Wants Sacking absolutely dreadful. And as for not hearing of me, have a word with your great player Cliff Thorborn. He knows me as Roy from Bournemouth. If you would like to improve your snooker please contact me. ROY CHISHOLM SNOOKER SECRETS.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alrocco View Post
      HelloTerry Davidson of Canada, have just watched your vidios, I don't mean any insult but whoever gave you a certificate as a coach never mind Master coach Wants Sacking absolutely dreadful. And as for not hearing of me, have a word with your great player Cliff Thorborn. He knows me as Roy from Bournemouth. If you would like to improve your snooker please contact me. ROY CHISHOLM SNOOKER SECRETS.
      Calm down Roy, ya gonna make yourself have an aneurysm. There's a lot of Master blaster comments on here that splattered with BS.

You have to read through the lines sometimes to find enlightenment and peace brother. I wish you well in your search. ; )
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If you would like to improve your snooker please contact me. ROY CHISHOLM SNOOKER SECRETS.
        I defo give it a miss now, bud.

Truly awful post...
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

• How to make friends ehh

Comment

• Have you gone to bed Roy? Must have been a long day I guess and you will probably be up I suppose at 4am cooking a roast for lunch.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

HelloTerry Davidson of Canada, have just watched your vidios, I don't mean any insult but whoever gave you a certificate as a coach never mind Master coach Wants Sacking absolutely dreadful. And as for not hearing of me, have a word with your great player Cliff Thorborn. He knows me as Roy from Bournemouth. If you would like to improve your snooker please contact me. ROY CHISHOLM SNOOKER SECRETS.
              Are you for real? Or is this a wind up?

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
                The real Roy Chisholm is 86 , so if he really is that grouchy about Terry at his age he deserves a dig anyway. Probably farting in his sleep while muttering about stun shots otherwise.....
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  The real Roy Chisholm is 86 , so if he really is that grouchy about Terry at his age he deserves a dig anyway. Probably farting in his sleep while muttering about stun shots otherwise.....
                  Having seen a few of his videos I’d say the guy has no right to slack anyone off tbh.
                  Last edited by travisbickle; 14 November 2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Having seen a few of his videos I’d say the guy has no right to slack anyone off tbh.
                    I only know about him because I had a look online after seeing his first post. So far I've found his videos about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

In other words ( assumeing that he is wrong ), A poor judgment is equivalent to a poor coach? Is this your logic?
                      You are older and you have more experience , some how , I hope you get back on track here and explain your case so we can learn something .
                      Bcuz your statement is off the topic. this topic has nothing to do with terry's career !!

Give it a thought , please .

Comment

Wind up I think.

Comment

• One thing I agree with Roy Chisholm on is you dont play this game in straight lines. I always find if you put your leg on the line square on (I never feel in the right position). But, when I twist into the shot, I always feel my body is on the point?

Any thoughts?
                          Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• It has to be a wind-up I think. The videos on the internet are BEFORE Nic Barrow and Terry and Wayne Griffiths certified me as Master Coach and Senior Coach respectively. I have never posted a coaching video although there are videos up of me on youtube playing in the Canadian Championships the year I made the semis. I didn't post them as they were shown live on the internet and then loaded to youtube and if I would have had a say in the matter I would have not had them posted because they are embarrassing.

All I will say regarding Roy's technique is he should let us know when he has his first professional snooker player endorsement or even a good amateur's endorsement. I have not heard of any good player ever refer to Roy's technique as being the way to go.

Given that Roy is either in his 70's or 80's (there seems to be some debate) and he started as a billiards player I imagine he has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to young players but he shouldn't be trying to convince anybody that his technique is the correct way to go. A good coach should try and develop whatever natural technique a player already has (very few of us get a student who has never picked up a cue before).
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              It has to be a wind-up I think. The videos on the internet are BEFORE Nic Barrow and Terry and Wayne Griffiths certified me as Master Coach and Senior Coach respectively. I have never posted a coaching video although there are videos up of me on youtube playing in the Canadian Championships the year I made the semis. I didn't post them as they were shown live on the internet and then loaded to youtube and if I would have had a say in the matter I would have not had them posted because they are embarrassing.

All I will say regarding Roy's technique is he should let us know when he has his first professional snooker player endorsement or even a good amateur's endorsement. I have not heard of any good player ever refer to Roy's technique as being the way to go.

Given that Roy is either in his 70's or 80's (there seems to be some debate) and he started as a billiards player I imagine he has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to young players but he shouldn't be trying to convince anybody that his technique is the correct way to go. A good coach should try and develop whatever natural technique a player already has (very few of us get a student who has never picked up a cue before).
                              Can I just say one thing. Most coaches IMO teach the textbook walk in, but don't take into account a person's eyesight and/or body frame.

A lot of snooker is to do with how someone sees the ball. The reason I agree with Chisholm's technique is because I seem to "see" the ball better when I twist into the shot rather than stand square on....

This is the point I am making really, that coaches seem to teach the bog standard straight leg on the line routine, but don't seem to realise that people see a pot differently.

This is probably why SightRight is becoming so well known because it is about aligning to how a player sees on approach based on their eyeline...
                              Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

• Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                                Can I just say one thing. Most coaches IMO teach the textbook walk in, but don't take into account a person's eyesight and/or body frame.

A lot of snooker is to do with how someone sees the ball. The reason I agree with Chisholm's technique is because I seem to "see" the ball better when I twist into the shot rather than stand square on....

This is the point I am making really, that coaches seem to teach the bog standard straight leg on the line routine, but don't seem to realise that people see a pot differently.

This is probably why SightRight is becoming so well known because it is about aligning to how a player sees on approach based on their eyeline...
                                Chrisg...EVERYONE twists into the shot as the hips move towards the bridge side of the body when you bend the forward leg. This happens when standing behind the shot however and allows the head to get on the line of aim. Another fact that is a little problematic for Roy is likely 99.99% of players place the straight-leg foot on the line of aim however, to give you your due there are always statistical outlayers like yourself who find what you call 'text book' to not be for them even though every other player in the world uses it and improves with it.

Tell Ronnie to 'twist into the shot' and see what happens as dropping your head straight down on the chosen line of aim makes a lot of common sense to me and Roy's twisting into the shot from the left as he gets into the address posituion is a definite non-starter for me.
                                Terry Davidson
                                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                                X