Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Perth Australia

Hi everyone from Perth Australia.
    I started playing snooker in 1983 at the Atack snooker club in Nuneaton.
    Am now living in Australia and still enjoy the occasional practice session.
    My first coaching lesson was from David Atack and then had regular sessions with Norman Dagley.
    Used to play quite a few practice sessions with Mick Price,I got used to losing a lot but definitely improved my game.

Originally Posted by Mark david View Post
    Hi everyone from Perth Australia.
    I started playing snooker in 1983 at the Atack snooker club in Nuneaton.
    Am now living in Australia and still enjoy the occasional practice session.
    My first coaching lesson was from David Atack and then had regular sessions with Norman Dagley.
    Used to play quite a few practice sessions with Mick Price,I got used to losing a lot but definitely improved my game.
    Welcome mate.... Did you break RoS record of 147 timing against Mick? I do wonder if he mentioned anything about that frame to you, that will be really exclusive

Comment

Sorry no further update,I haven't seen Mick in over 10 years.

Comment

Welcome to TSF Mark . Do you play in any Comps in Australia ?
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

No I don't play in any competitions, I am not really cut out for it.
          I just enjoy the Occasional solo practice session, I dont know any players over here.

Comment

Hi,spent quite a bit of time in Perth just after the millennium....used to practice in a place up in north bridge....seem to remember it had a mix of pool,smaller sized snooker tables and some full size.....was not a bad club from memory.
            H.b.142

Comment

Snooker at Atack Snooker Centre Nuneaton

Hi. Firstly, your in the right country. Not sure your an Australian or emigrated 20 30 years back. Visited Australian 4 times myself east coast. Your not Robby Foldvari Australian billiard/snooker player who practised at the Atack while he was on the pro circuit in the 80's. If you were around Nuneaton at this time you sure must know of me. Namely John Quartermain. My great friend Norman Dagley died 1999. Mick Price is now working at Hinckley Nuneaton college qualified as a Maths Lecturer. He stopped pro snooker near 10 years ago with eye problems. Very rare I see him myself. The odd time at Attleborough Arms pub. Atack Snooker is still thriving under proprietor Ian and Sonia White. Not on snooker forum very often. Contact me on facebook if you wish. Regards, John Q. NB Ben Judge 30 year old Australian is based in Perth. Tried his hand over here 10 years ago at Leicester but returned to Australian with his Dad. You maybe able to connect at the snooker centre where he plays.
              Last edited by Sir Ivanhoe; 27 July 2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Hi Mark also in Oz Welcome to the best site in Snooker
                not sure where you live in WA but if in Fb look for Matthew Bolton num 1 ranked player in Oz also from Wa will help you out Where comps are played and that in Wa
                Hope that helps you
                :snooker: only 146 to go

Comment

The man with the glove - watched his final with Vinnie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXhJR0XATN4

Comment

Working...
                  X