James Butters Laminated cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    Glad to hear that the cue suits ur game !!
    Yeah , my brother plays with Niche ultimate LM shaft !! I have played a few frams with that cue and honestly , The cue is even more responsief comperd to my MAC cue !! Atsanan did a Great job !!
    Btw, how about G2 tips ?? Never heard of them lol !!
    is it the same as kamui ??
    The tip is responsive. While changing the tip, during the trimming part, it felt like Kamui (Brown, MH, 11mm).
    After installed and played my 1st shot. The bounce felt great. The tip does not feel dead solid and holds chalk really well.

Most of the tables in our local club are slow. I needed a tip that is hard but responsive on these kind of tables. You know... more deliver for sides and stun shots.
    Had also tried on better table (6811 cloth) with my own TC ball set. Able to have better control on the cue ball, especially around the pack.
    After my experiments with tips. G2 is currently my preference
    IMHO, G2 (H, brown, 11mm) is slightly more bouncy than Kamui (brown, MH, 11mm). Holds the chalk almost the same. After about 18hrs of game, no delamination nor mushrooming.
    Cheers
    Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Fisherboi View Post
      The tip is responsive. While changing the tip, during the trimming part, it felt like Kamui (Brown, MH, 11mm).
      After installed and played my 1st shot. The bounce felt great. The tip does not feel dead solid and holds chalk really well.
      [ATTACH]18026[/ATTACH]

Most of the tables in our local club are slow. I needed a tip that is hard but responsive on these kind of tables. You know... more deliver for sides and stun shots.
      Had also tried on better table (6811 cloth) with my own TC ball set. Able to have better control on the cue ball, especially around the pack.
      After my experiments with tips. G2 is currently my preference
      IMHO, G2 (H, brown, 11mm) is slightly more bouncy than Kamui (brown, MH, 11mm). Holds the chalk almost the same. After about 18hrs of game, no delamination nor mushrooming.
      Cheers
      I did'nt know u can retape the cue so Well , lol !! Looks Great !! Shiny ferrul . Very Nice !!
      Thanks for the info !! At this moment I use ADR tips !! When this one go's off , gonna give it a try !!
      I just love to try every new tip lol !!
      Gonna look for it on eBay and buy one !
      Thanks again !!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment

Comment

Hi mate how do you burnish the side of the tip? Looks so good. You put some kind of wax on?

Comment

Originally Posted by screw View Post
            Hi mate how do you burnish the side of the tip? Looks so good. You put some kind of wax on?
            Yup, I used wood wax.
            Some twist and turn with a piece of leather to the side of the tip.

Comment

James Butters Laminated cue

Tip looks 100 % perfect job. Best ive seen i think..

Comment

Wow... thanks mate.
                I'm flattered

Comment

nice work, Desmond!

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeTheBigMonster View Post
                    nice work, Desmond!
                    Thanks bro

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                      To all you cue makers or people who know what they're on about, how strong in all honesty are these shafts, in other words would the laminates so to speak come away over time if that make sense.
                      Well with the adhesive technology thats around today, as long as the prep before gluing is done correctly there shouldn't be any reason for them split apart. One thing I did notice about the one in the opening posters link, in the 4th picture one of the arrows is slightly deformed. Assuming it is completely round at that point, I would assume either one of the veneers was not completely flat or uneven pressure was applied during clamping.

Comment

I'm a big fan of these laminated shaft cues, I just struggle with some of the prices. Best pool cue I've ever used, definitely notice the reduced deflection and the increased power on the break.

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                          Well with the adhesive technology thats around today, as long as the prep before gluing is done correctly there shouldn't be any reason for them split apart. One thing I did notice about the one in the opening posters link, in the 4th picture one of the arrows is slightly deformed. Assuming it is completely round at that point, I would assume either one of the veneers was not completely flat or uneven pressure was applied during clamping.
                          You know your stuff Rogi cheers.

Comment

Think it depends how they are cut.think the more chevrons you have say 5 upwards it appears that the ebony starts to move round.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                              Cheers mate agree time will tell I suppose, I wouldn't want to be the dummy who spends a grand on a supreme cue off coutts only for it to go wrong.
                              Leo the reason mine start at over £800 is that they are made by hand by me on my own in a special way, each surface I make sure is perfect and if any is not then it's discarded, the way I glue the surface of each laminate totally eliminates the chance of a dry spot that can not be said for all the mass produced copy's out there , it takes me almost a month to glue a shaft together to ensure this .
                              I'm not sure if you aware but the original designe of this shaft was my brain child and was very quickly copied by loads of makers of which not many will make there own shafts but buy in from one main mass produced factory, and as with everything in life handmade is always better quality than mass produced.

Comment

Very nice, that pic of the tip looks cool, a bit different from the norm... nice one.

Comment

Working...
                                X