• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No difference

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      No difference
      Hahaha! Now I know you're a wind-up muppet. Do you wear reading glasses?

Deano, Pottr, Terry D, J6, Geordi DS, can you see any diff? Let's get some unbiased opinions:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2yyc8sj.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yyc...8#.Vbpw5_kcNOY
      Last edited by Master Blaster; 30 July 2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Maybe take a pic with the balls on the table with no straight edge covering half of them

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Maybe take a pic with the balls on the table with no straight edge covering half of them
          The edge is irrelevant, one either looks taller than the other or it doesn't. The edge is perfectly parallel with the table surface btw. If you hold a ruler up to the screen and measure the chord across the ball, guess what?!

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
            Hahaha! Now I know you're a wind-up muppet. Do you wear reading glasses?

Deano, Pottr, Terry D, J6, Geordi DS, can you see any diff? Let's get some unbiased opinions:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2yyc8sj.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yyc...8#.Vbpw5_kcNOY
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Master...did you use your dominant eye to see the difference in size. I know I have on occasion been able to see a smaller cueball (I used my sighting eye, not my dominant) and EVERY time those small whites were considerably lighter. I have also experienced cueballs which look fine for size but are quite a bit lighter than they should be.

I did happen to weight one of them when I went to a club with all light cueballs and they were around 120gm.

I still think a light cueball effects a better player more than one that might be 1-2mm under-sized. Potting with the smaller cueball didn't seem to be any different and I think because there is room for error on every pocket opening, but positional play was a bitch when you ended up screwing back twice the distance you played.
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                Master...did you use your dominant eye to see the difference in size. I know I have on occasion been able to see a smaller cueball (I used my sighting eye, not my dominant) and EVERY time those small whites were considerably lighter. I have also experienced cueballs which look fine for size but are quite a bit lighter than they should be.

I did happen to weight one of them when I went to a club with all light cueballs and they were around 120gm.

I still think a light cueball effects a better player more than one that might be 1-2mm under-sized. Potting with the smaller cueball didn't seem to be any different and I think because there is room for error on every pocket opening, but positional play was a bitch when you ended up screwing back twice the distance you played.
                At first, I saw the size diff both eyes wide open. I've looked at them with my passive eye closed and it's even clearer. I can see the diff with just my passive eye and that eye is slightly better than the dominant one. But I've always had very fine close up eyesight. I used to be able to read a book at two inches away but not any more unfortunately. I can see if a ferrule is not perfectly round when others can't. I don't know why, maybe I have an artists eye, I can draw a perfect circle freehand as well. It's really weird. I can see the parentheses marks on the keyboard in front of me and I know the closing paretheses is thinner than the opening parentheses and they can only be about 0.5mm wide. I've looked at an image on a screen shot and been able to spot a one pixel mistake. Strange but true.

Comment

If you have a decent feel for the cue ball you can tell the difference in a few shots, last night pottr broke off and immediately said something along the lines of 'We're playing with a ping pong ball'.. I played a few frames after and found the same within a couple of shots. Whether it's a variance in size or just a light white you can tell, put the black/blue by the cue ball and have a look next time you're unsure on size it's really not hard to see.
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X