Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could give just one piece of advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm only teasing - get off e-bay resist

Comment

It was the one that went earlier today that I really wanted (I'm nervous about a shaft with so many chevrons, they have always felt not to my taste before). Was busy with work and missed the auction end time.

Comment

Like all sports Snooker has it's different level of ability from the total novice to the world class professional and the advice is the same regardless of sport or ability. Practice makes perfect.

I know that is an obvious answer so my other would be to be realistic about your goals. Age should never stand in the way of ambition but circumstances do so it's important to think things through properly and get a happy medium. Daily practice is ideal even for an hour but if not then at least a few days a week and then a long session at the weekend. Whatever the routine is it needs to be in harmony with everything else so it can continue uninterrupted and you start seeing the results of your labour. Getting the most out of practice needs a relaxed and prepared mind so if you're tired, drunk or have the misses leaving you 10 missed calls and texts raging at your lack of response you can forget it. Ah great days.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
          3 pints, just to relax the arm. Beware of the cliff face however. By the time you have 3 pints, it's difficult to stop buying that 4th one ( and 5th, etc ).
          This actually works for me 2 but I only have the 1 or 2

Comment

Originally Posted by wootton05 View Post
            See to me that probably demonstrates the difference in the mental game that you guys have from someone like myself; I can pot the balls and make 50+ breaks regularly but I haven't ever moved pass that.. "If I miss here they will be in for a huge break" stage, which I know is probably one of the biggest weaknesses in my game.
            I was stuck there for a long time, practiced alone for a long period and it went away.. I think the cause is just getting punished to often by better players, its hard to get up and get back down but if you can do it. It will help.. until you flee this wicked curse....
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
              Maybe a nipple piercing, with a little bell attached?
              Lol, good one

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                Okay I should be a pro at this category.....LOL
                Get a coach and listen to him and practice, practice practice. Then the real big one. THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS TO THIS GAME. If I had a dollar for every time someone on here told me this in the past three years I could fly across the pond for a couple weeks at the Star Academy.....
                I wish I could afford one. Your game is coming along at a good pace, patience and hard work will get you there... dont give up Les

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                  Like all sports Snooker has it's different level of ability from the total novice to the world class professional and the advice is the same regardless of sport or ability. Practice makes perfect.

I know that is an obvious answer so my other would be to be realistic about your goals. Age should never stand in the way of ambition but circumstances do so it's important to think things through properly and get a happy medium. Daily practice is ideal even for an hour but if not then at least a few days a week and then a long session at the weekend. Whatever the routine is it needs to be in harmony with everything else so it can continue uninterrupted and you start seeing the results of your labour. Getting the most out of practice needs a relaxed and prepared mind so if you're tired, drunk or have the misses leaving you 10 missed calls and texts raging at your lack of response you can forget it. Ah great days.
                  Good advice, quality play over longer period of time.

Comment

Mind yer grip.

Comment

Cue ball control. It's what separates the topmost players from the lesser players.

Comment

Working...
                      X