X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mistery cue

hello,
    sorry for my english if there are strange faults in it
    i have recived a cue that i have thats from my grand dad, he past away and my grandmother gave me his biljard and snooker cue's i have 7 cue's now.
    But,
    there's a realy cool nice old one in it. (my grandmothers seys thats its from there wedding, 86 years ago, i think thats not possible)

Its a ful carbon snooker cue, i think that becose it have a smaller tip at the top. Its from the company karakal.

I did some researce but i can not find annything on the internet even no pictures of it, only there is a company karakal started in 1978 in Dendermonde Belgium, they say that ther old logo went til 2002 & and i think its the same company but they sell badminton rackets and tennis rackets. I think there now located in England.

I tryd to send a email to them but i can not send pictures to them.
    Now is my question? and i wil put the pictures of the cue on my profile.

1- dos enybody now something about this cue?
    2- what is the correct age of it?
    3- what is it worth and is it rare? (the worth is just for me to know, its my granddads, i wil keep it forever. proberly give it to my childeren when i die and play with it some times)

i hope sombody now some information abouth this cue
    allready thanks

here you can see the pictures i hope from the cue

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/515732594825009741/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/515732594825009732/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/515732594825009727/

Comment

not heard of this Karakal

I don't think these are very old, 80s most probably
      but a friend had a "carbon" cue and he thought it was solid carbon fibre but turned out to be only a carbon wrap around a wooden core. He only found this out when he snapped it

welcome to TSF by the way.

What are the other cues did you get from your Gramps?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

hello, thanks i think its a real carbon cue i think, becose if you look to the inside of the cue its al the same black hard stuf (the carbon), and i know how real carbon looks like, i have a lot of carbon on my motorcycle, i wil try to make a picture of the inside of the cue that you can see what i mean, and make some pictures of the other ones, i know there is 1 ceulemans cue in it, but i wil post more pictures this evening.
        thanks allready

Comment

Hi. They photo says wood/graphite,. So it would have a wooden core. I have a squash racket made by the same company, and it was cheap, maybe £20. The black at the joint is probably a hard phenolic plastic insert to strenghen the joint.

Comment

ok, thanks that makes sense somwhere, i find a very light cue olso. i stil like it
            thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X