2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Aw, I love JV. It's not snooker if he's not there.
    oh it is, and more enjoyable :biggrin::wink:

sticking with McManus for now but the first time JV says that saying in that awful tone of voice, I am gone ....
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

come on Michael, settle down and show them what you can do

Comment

Has anyone in North America worked out how to get the BBC feed live and the ability to watch the BBC recordings later? I can watch on YouTube one frame at a time but it is difficult because at the end of each frame the next goes to 'Ronnies amazing clearance' from 10 years ago. I can't stand the Eurosport coverage and I don't understand why anyone would listen to the likes of Johnson, Yates and Hendon.

Comment

I believe you may need a Private VPN and trick the BBC website; exactly how you do that - sorry not a clue

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            I believe you may need a Private VPN and trick the BBC website; exactly how you do that - sorry not a clue
            The BBC website is weird. Most of the time you can use a VPN and set your location to the UK. But sometimes (like today) it just doesn't work. As far as a VPN, I recommend Ivacy.

https://www.ivacy.com

The only other option from North America is to get an IPTV service. Usually you pay $20-30 a month and you get hundreds of channels including the BBC, Sky, ITV, etc. These services, unfortunately, are illegal, unstable, and constantly going under and resurfacing. If you decide to use one, never pay for more than a month at a time. I managed to find a decent one to watch curling coverage from Canada in March and April, but now they are gone. Just do a google search for "IPTV providers"

Comment

IIRC they have added a registration/sign-in recently as well, maybe that is blocking it?

Comment

IIRC they have added a registration/sign-in recently as well, maybe that is blocking it?
                No, I registered quite a while ago and I had no problems last week. I could watch BBC1, BBC2, etc, but only if I accessed them from the main BBC website. If I tried to watch them directly from iPlayer, it didn't work. I found a thread about that on some website and read that others were having the same issue. I just wish I had the option of paying a monthly fee and watching UK channels legally. Those of us resorting to VPNs and illegal streams really have no other options. ITV asks for a name, email, address, and postal code. I think I'm using John Smith and some random postal code in London. It works fine.

Eurosport Player is great because it's Chromecast compatible. I don't have a newer smart TV, so I plug in a Chromast dongle and I can stream Eurosport Player video to my TV in quite nice HD. So right now I'm watching BBC coverage on my TV. I can also watch Eurosport in English from my satellite provider, but Eurosport Player's coverage of Eurosport 1 and 2 is only in Polish.

Living in Poland and trying to watch baseball, hockey, football, soccer, tennis, snooker, and curling is a constant battle of mixing and matching services and technologies and staying ahead of the curve. In some ways it's more fun and you feel like you've accomplished something if you are watching what you want live in HD on your TV.

Comment

They have paid the money and brought over the Chinese system that has been used over there for some years - it is not cheap though so doubtful it will be used across all events.
                  That is good news. Hope it is used at all tourneys.

Comment

Has there ever been a whitewash at the crucible before? Neil is 1 frame away from that scoreline.

Comment

1992 John Parrot over Eddie Charlton

Comment

Thanks Dean, that's quite a long time ago!

Comment

Hit and hope by Maguire with two reds potted in the second frame? That's promising to get a very interesting evening.

Comment

Drinking game.

Take a drink every time Dennis Taylor says "lack of concentration"

Comment

Game for the teetotal- take a drink every time Ebdon say some worth listening to

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                                Game for the teetotal- take a drink every time Ebdon say some worth listening to
                                :biggrin-new:

Unrelated, but can someone please tell me if the top 16 auto-qualify for all ranking tournaments? I ask this because in the game Snooker 19, I constantly find myself up against the likes of RO, NR et all during the qualifiers, which seems odd to me. Is this correct?
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X