• Show
Clear All

European Masters 2018

will done Robertson (J)
    1:1 final and win
    kept his head and played solid.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Apart from the awkward guy conducting the interviews, that was fairly enjoyable. :smile:

Well played to Jimmy Robertson. With the events getting shorter in general, the list of players who feature at the business end of them has grown very large these days, but this win must surely rank as one of the biggest surprises we've had in recent years. I know I've expressed my doubts about Robertson a number of times in the past, recalling how he wouldn't play on for snookers against Selby on his Crucible debut, which I thought was a sign low determination and ambition, but I'm glad he has proved me wrong tonight. I promise I won't mention that again. :wink:

As for Perry, another chance missed... In an era where players such Mark King and Anthony Hamilton have won their first notable events, and players over 40 are basically dominating the game, it's a travesty that Perry has never won anything bigger than a PTC event. He's had some tough opponents in finals in the past, but tonight he was the favourite against an outsider with no experience in these situations, and still a big title eludes him. Maybe next time... :smile:

Comment

Well pleased for the lad, he played some solid stuff and held his nerve when Joe came back at him.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Way to go Jimmy , brilliant stuff .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Honestly wouldn't have thought that Jimmy Robertson would become the winner of a ranking event this season - even if it's just a minor one. But still he had to beat Mark King in a Best-of-11-match and Joe Perry over Best-of-17.

He's now up to #26 in the World Rankings.

Comment

Working...
            X