X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: Snooker Drag Shots

Latest video is now on YouTube.

Hope you find it useful.

Please like ans subscribe to the channel!

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Another good video Stevie it's a shot i never think of using in a match but will sure try it now
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Another good video Stevie it's a shot i never think of using in a match but will sure try it now
      Thanks Stevie! Definitely a good shot to have in the locker!

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
        Me too, would never consider this shot, always going the dead weight route. hope I remember next time.

Comment

Great video.
          I use drag shot on quite a few shots, always have. And I'm getting more and more comfortable with stun run through.
          Slow roll dead weight shots feel very twitchy and nervy for me. But because of old bad habits, I still play one too many at times.
          Not sure about the unwanted side...you could still get plenty with drag. Shot like that requires decent cueing.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
            Great video.
            I use drag shot on quite a few shots, always have. And I'm getting more and more comfortable with stun run through.
            Slow roll dead weight shots feel very twitchy and nervy for me. But because of old bad habits, I still play one too many at times.
            Not sure about the unwanted side...you could still get plenty with drag. Shot like that requires decent cueing.
            Hi there Ace Man.

I suppose the wording could be different about the side.

You could still get unwanted side on the white, but when you hit lower down on the white ball, the effects of that side will be less exaggerated, and won't influence the line of the shot too much.

It's the same idea as when you're cueing off the cushion. Any unwanted side on the white when you're hitting at the top, and you'll cause the white to push off the line more easily.

So the way to think of it, is that you've got just as much chance of actually getting a fraction of unwanted side on the white, whether you hit the middle, or a bit lower; but the effects off that side when you're hitting lower down, will have less impact on the line of the shot.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Just want to say your videos have helped me a lot recently, keep up the great work!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nicorabi View Post
                Just want to say your videos have helped me a lot recently, keep up the great work!
                Thank you

Comment

Hopefully, Steve might do a video on cueing off the cushion - I know the basics of holding the cue further up but one thing I'm always struggling on is how much backswing is recommended to put in on the shot...?
                  Follow my snooker Articles/stories on Twitter@chrisgaynor2

Comment

Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
                    Hopefully, Steve might do a video on cueing off the cushion - I know the basics of holding the cue further up but one thing I'm always struggling on is how much backswing is recommended to put in on the shot...?
                    Hi Chris. I will get something together about this.

Comment

Can you do something about the mental side of the game? I mean things like staying positive and confident, especially if you're not quite sure of the correct shot to play. Messes me up all the time, especially if I have 3 reds to chose from, I've always got the other ones on my mind.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        Can you do something about the mental side of the game? I mean things like staying positive and confident, especially if you're not quite sure of the correct shot to play. Messes me up all the time, especially if I have 3 reds to chose from, I've always got the other ones on my mind.
                        Yes! Thanks Jonny. I will try and do something on this quite soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                          Yes! Thanks Jonny. I will try and do something on this quite soon.
                          Looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
                          X