Cleaning Snooker Balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Snooker Balls

Hi all just asking for some advice on cleaning my set of TC balls. I use the Aramith restorer and ball cleaner but still have little marks on where contact with another ball, am I been to quick taking off the restorer?? any body got any tips
    Many thanks in advance.
    Pete

There's a few threads on this. If you use the search facility you'll get lots of info. Favourite method seems to be good old soapy water and a bit of elbow grease. A few bizarre suggestions like putting them in the dish washer! Furniture polish! Car wax!
    I personnally don't like the Aramith ball cleaner. Think it causes kicks. I use soapy water and polish occasionally with Nilglass glass cleaner. I think there will come a time when, no matter what method you use, your balls will not be as shiney as they used to be. Time to treat yourself to a new set.

Comment

I'm about to make one of the DIY electric versions with a car polisher and bucket. Seems to take ages cleaning them properly by hand so this should save a bit if time. Not too costly if you have the items lying around or source then second hand. I'm hoping the finish is better than hand cleaned but we'll see.

Comment

Many thanks to you both, just bought some 1G balls really want to look after them,once again many thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by detroitman View Post
          Many thanks to you both, just bought some 1G balls really want to look after them,once again many thanks
          Take care of them and they'll last for ages. Don't play with anyone who thinks its fun too bounce the balls off the table! Also need to watch out for folk who have tips right down to the ferrule. The ferrule can chip the cue ball. Replacement 1g cue balls can be purchased of course for around £15.

Comment

also don't lend them to anyone, and I mean anyone!!
            you may just end up with a club cue ball when you get your set back!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
              A few bizarre suggestions like putting them in the dish washer!
              May I suggest one of these: Firstly I clean the balls using an ultrasonic cleaner. Then I apply a little bit of car polish on each ball before I polish them using a DIY machine that is run by a wisk attached to a electric screwdriver. The result is fantastic!

Comment

If you weighed them before you started this you will find out that they are being shrunk due to the excessive friction caused by the attachment. Best way is to use heavily diluted white vinegar with water in a spray bottle. I went one half of a cue towel of tea towel. Then immediately buff dry with the dry half. When I'm ironing the table I've usually cleaned the whole set before the iron has reached temperature!!! Happy session ahead!!! 😁
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Brasso is the best solution, gets rid of all marks and they shine beautifully. Also gets rid of kicks.

Comment

Take care of them and they'll last for ages. Don't play with anyone who thinks its fun too bounce the balls off the table! Also need to watch out for folk who have tips right down to the ferrule. The ferrule can chip the cue ball. Replacement 1g cue balls can be purchased of course for around £15.
                    Is there replacement cue balls for 1G set? I know that there is for tournament set but I don´t find for 1G set. What is difference of 1G and tournament balls. Only weight tolerance?

Comment

Originally Posted by TuomasV View Post
                      Is there replacement cue balls for 1G set? I know that there is for tournament set but I don´t find for 1G set. What is difference of 1G and tournament balls. Only weight tolerance?
                      Correct. They are the same Tournament Champion balls only 1g weight range instead of 3g for the normal set
                      If you are after a replacement cue ball, weigh your set and then contact either Green Baize or Chestworth who may have a ball of the weight you are after.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                      X