Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom messing about

Hi guys,

I had half hour knock last week whilst waiting for the lady in my life to finish work. This isn't me trying or taking practice remotely serious, in fact it's the first line up attempt having taken my cue out of my case
    Anyway people always say they can pot a few and don't back it up with a vid so here's me making a hash of the line up.... did clear it back to back afterwards I swear hahaha

https://youtu.be/3dm4kWJ6n2g
    "just tap it in":snooker:

we believe you hahaha
    very nicely done, for fun
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good video Tom, hitting the ball well. Only one thing, had you set the balls up for your lady friend? Reds baulk side of blue is for girls lol

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        Hi guys,

I had half hour knock last week whilst waiting for the lady in my life to finish work. This isn't me trying or taking practice remotely serious, in fact it's the first line up attempt having taken my cue out of my case
        Anyway people always say they can pot a few and don't back it up with a vid so here's me making a hash of the line up.... did clear it back to back afterwards I swear hahaha

https://youtu.be/3dm4kWJ6n2g
        not too bad for a casual line up mate....The table seemed really slow to me as well. I will see if I can get one done over the next week or so and post too...I'll attempt a line up max 1 take only

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Good video Tom, hitting the ball well. Only one thing, had you set the balls up for your lady friend? Reds baulk side of blue is for girls lol
          I always set my balls up nicely for my lady friend mate!
          I walked into the club, chucked the balls down any old how and then made a quick vid! I've always stuck a couple baulk side of the blue but mix it up... 5 reds between black and black cushion is usually the one!

Comment

I always set my balls up nicely for my lady friend mate!
            I walked into the club, chucked the balls down any old how and then made a quick vid! I've always stuck a couple baulk side of the blue but mix it up... 5 reds between black and black cushion is usually the one!
            Lol, brings a whole new meaning to cleaning your balls! Have to let me know later in week if you're still free to knock on Saturday. Be good to catch up, pockets are like buckets compared to Masters though lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
              not too bad for a casual line up mate....The table seemed really slow to me as well. I will see if I can get one done over the next week or so and post too...I'll attempt a line up max 1 take only
              It was dead, it was a little social club not particularly well maintained, just google mapped places nearby to her work! I'll attempt the max 1 take too, and genuinely post the result even if it is 1 red one black...miss

Comment

Nice cueing. Very fluid.

I'm always pleased when I see there are others who only bother picking the colours out when they need them haha. I just have to remind myself not to take a positional route through the phantom ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                  Nice cueing. Very fluid.

I'm always pleased when I see there are others who only bother picking the colours out when they need them haha. I just have to remind myself not to take a positional route through the phantom ball.
                  I was paying a quid for 15 Minutes, no time for respotting mate! 😂 to be honest I don’t do much solo these days, just use it to keep the arm loose between matches. Had 92 the other night so lack of practice doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue!

Comment

No doubt you can play Tom, nice cue action. Will make a video tonight and post as well

Comment

Liking the cue action mate, you in Nuneaton? There's a good comp at the Atack club on Sunday

Comment

Great video Tom! I envy your cue-action.

Comment

Originally Posted by marriott View Post
                          Liking the cue action mate, you in Nuneaton? There's a good comp at the Atack club on Sunday
                          Cheers mate, Andy Marriott by any chance? I'll probably be playing mate, I still play football so depends if that's on or not

Comment

Cheers mate, Andy Marriott by any chance? I'll probably be playing mate, I still play football so depends if that's on or not
                            WTF? Why do I have the impression you told us you were an older player? I have been thinking of you as in your 60's. Anyway, good technique except the left shoulder seems to be a bit high in some of the shots.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                              WTF? Why do I have the impression you told us you were an older player? I have been thinking of you as in your 60's. Anyway, good technique except the left shoulder seems to be a bit high in some of the shots.
                              I've referred a couple of times to people who knew you years back Terry from playing you in Leicester, possibly linked to that? Anyway I'm only 27!
                              Points taken on the shoulder, i'd never noticed before. Possibly due to me not walking in to any shot like I'd usually do when taking my time in matches and proper practise but i'll investigate so thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X