Electronic Scoreboard with Network Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Scoreboard with Network Port

Any of the Forum members got a Xing Pai electronic scoreboard with a network port on it and know how to use the port to access scoring? Doesn't appear to be a network device when I connect it to a router and the picture on the back infers some sort of serial cable rather than usb or normal network connection, not even crossover.

Help!

Anyone solved this????

Comment

Originally Posted by Tony Cannon View Post
      Any of the Forum members got a Xing Pai electronic scoreboard with a network port on it and know how to use the port to access scoring? Doesn't appear to be a network device when I connect it to a router and the picture on the back infers some sort of serial cable rather than usb or normal network connection, not even crossover.

Help!
      Might be a console port not a network port?

Comment

I just use ballstream software on my laptop. With a wireless mini keyboard. Works a treat and well within range of the table. As if it was meant to be!!!
        Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 July 2019, 05:45 PM.
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Well we gave the ballstream software a blast again the other night. With a wireless numeric keypad. It works great! Also by not having to call out breaks, it keeps you focused with no distractions. Allowing you to just occasionally glance at the laptop to see the scores. This is much better than the traditional manual scoreboards. The keypad has a very good range too regardless of its orientation. Plus it makes the night much more enjoyable. This is the way forward from now on.
          you can set the frame sets i.e. best of (5,7,9,19) etc...
          The keypad has only 18 buttons and it's the size of your palm. I prefer this to the Vaya led that they use in exhibitions or used at pontins. As you can have players name displayed too.
          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
            Well we gave the ballstream software a blast again the other night. With a wireless numeric keypad. It works great! Also by not having to call out breaks, it keeps you focused with no distractions. Allowing you to just occasionally glance at the laptop to see the scores. This is much better than the traditional manual scoreboards. The keypad has a very good range too regardless of its orientation. Plus it makes the night much more enjoyable. This is the way forward from now on.
            you can set the frame sets i.e. best of (5,7,9,19) etc...
            The keypad has only 18 buttons and it's the size of your palm. I prefer this to the Vaya led that they use in exhibitions or used at pontins. As you can have players name displayed too.
            I've started to use mysnookerstats.com app on my phone.

Do you know how the ballstream software compares? Where is ballstream available from?

Comment

Just search for ballstream.com in Google. Download the snooker version. When you've downloaded it. Just make sure you run the program as an administrator in order for it to work properly.
              It works great. Once it is open maximize the screen and then you can press F5 to refresh the screen size to fit better.
              It also has a database and match statistics. Provided that you use it properly. If you click on the '?' this gives you a quick function menu. So now I just use my wireless keypad to input scores while walking around the table. I could even get another to place either end of the table.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Electronic scoring for Snooker for under a tenner! Absolute bargain.
                This would enhance local league matches!
                Adding a little bit of theatre. If our league adopted it I might even be tempted to take part again.:snooker:
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Working...
                X