Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byroms favorite tips from coaches and players on web

Hi

Why are pro players so good and we club players so bad if we have played the game for years?
    My answer would be because many of us just play the GAME for years unlike them who work on their technique for years in order to play the game.

So which coaches do I think offer good advice? Well a lot do the basics well and on this thread I think I would like to put my favourite video's or advice

I like this first one a lot - why - because I have seen a load of sighting threads on here but I think this coach nails it and explains it very clearly - I myself was inconsistent with this - I followed the pot a million balls and learn the angles thing but this means you learn to play snooker potting things in different ways and I kept changing sighting methods and trying different things out - then sometimes I thought of nothing and just clicked and knocked in a ton - what I was doing was just playing but I knew it was in when I got down why because I did not aim at the point on a ball I played the line - I was doing it without knowing what I was doing - this video made me aware of this and I think it is my favourite advice on visualisation/sighting on the web. If you can understand it properly.
    This advice - is very good indeed in my humble opinion.

Some useful tips on varying the grip pack splits and talking through a break - notice him talking about the snooker shoot out at 37 mins - maybe not the best coaching vid but well I love Jimmy

Comment

Love the advice here from Parrot on safety in particular and learning the line - grape idea by Davis

Comment

Timing - all important - again by Barry Stark

Comment

Cracks me up every time

Comment

Bit of Ronnie

Last edited by Byrom; 21 August 2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Some nice tips there in the last video (grape one).

The odd nugget here and there can win you matches so it's nice to grab as many as possible.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

ok Sean show us something good

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                  Hi

Why are pro players so good and we club players so bad if we have played the game for years?
                  My answer would be because many of us just play the GAME for years unlike them who work on their technique for years in order to play the game.

So which coaches do I think offer good advice? Well a lot do the basics well and on this thread I think I would like to put my favourite video's or advice

I like this first one a lot - why - because I have seen a load of sighting threads on here but I think this coach nails it and explains it very clearly - I myself was inconsistent with this - I followed the pot a million balls and learn the angles thing but this means you learn to play snooker potting things in different ways and I kept changing sighting methods and trying different things out - then sometimes I thought of nothing and just clicked and knocked in a ton - what I was doing was just playing but I knew it was in when I got down why because I did not aim at the point on a ball I played the line - I was doing it without knowing what I was doing - this video made me aware of this and I think it is my favourite advice on visualisation/sighting on the web. If you can understand it properly.
                  This advice - is very good indeed in my humble opinion.
                  I like this advice too. I was actually relaying this to someone a few weeks back who was mentioning that he struggled with sighting due to poor eye sight. I told him that if you can simply recognize the different angles and focusing on puting your cue on the aiming line, as opposed to picking a spot on the ball, you don't need sharp eyesight to pot well.

Comment

I know its pool but always nice to learn the odd trick shot for a laugh - impress the guys in the club n this one is great

Comment

And you think that's hard - watch this other stuff

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                        I like this advice too. I was actually relaying this to someone a few weeks back who was mentioning that he struggled with sighting due to poor eye sight. I told him that if you can simply recognize the different angles and focusing on puting your cue on the aiming line, as opposed to picking a spot on the ball, you don't need sharp eyesight to pot well.
                        Yes he explains it very well. He has a few videos online and they are all good - this bit of advice is very good indeed I think - better than all the ghost ball back of the ball contact point stuff I heard others talk about on here which is more guesswork. Using this other method to visualise the line is good especially if you understand what he is on about properly and you combine it with your automatic knowledge of half ball quarter ball three quarter ball angles etc and you know where to hit on the white THEN also play the line then I think it helps improve the potting percentages greatly - it becomes a quicker way to sight/visualise the pot and in my opinion takes away the guesswork somewhat..

What I mean is if you just focus on a point on the object ball facing you the you are hoping to hit correctly if you are aware of the line the ball will travel to the pocket as you get down then you pick out the potting angle and contact point better when you get down into the shot. Aiming on your way in down into the shot and on the walki in or stood behind the shot up - rather than just getting down and guessing on the front - facing you of a object ball - on its own as many am players do. I suggest many do not visualise the line the ball takes on the opposite side of the ball to the pocket properly. This is something Barry stark is explaining and not many coaches explain this properly.

Each to there own however. I like it. some players - a lot - of club players probably do it without realising - I know did - but trouble was I also used to switch to other things too making me more inconsistent. I think for me it was important to become aware of this. Understanding this advice helped me greatly.
                        Last edited by Byrom; 4 March 2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Some great advice here

Last edited by Byrom; 21 August 2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Hi
                            Cannot compare guys who have dedicated their entire lives to snooker from a very early age to hobby players who play after their day job.
                            There is playing the game and there is living, eating and breathing snooker.

Comment

Another example of bad coaching IMO opinion because as there is no physical line he doesn't explain how he sees the line, what he looks at in order to find the line, what he's looking at when taking his stance to put his cue on the line and what he looks at when delivering the cue to keep the cue on the line.

Comment

Working...
                              X