No announcement yet.

Bringing back a cue from Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bangkok Taxi drivers are thieves. Want to quote you fare without meter. Normally 2 to 3 times the rate. Usually I sit in taxi and don't move. When they don't co operate I just call the number of their company. Gets them moving fast enough. Best way about is via bus. When in Bangkok load a local sim and 300 bahts buys you 7 days unlimted internet acces. Check on google maps where you are and where you want to go and it gives you bus schedules with bus stops and directions and none of the buses costs more than 27 baht for a trip anywhere around the city. Far quicker and easier than taxis. Use buses in conjuction with BTS and you can travel anywhere in Bangkok very easy and very cheap.
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    Yeah, that's why I've never bothered. The interminable conversations with taxi drivers, not to mention the traffic, and then the same again with the cue makers themselves...there's a lot to be said for buying online or from a shop.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      np - if you are going to do it buy 10 not one!
      too many great craftsmen around, hard to choose and you get confused as well haha, regretting it now though. will probably sell a few.

Comment

maximus gives a 10% discount on ten cues
        Originally Posted by aliflee View Post
        too many great craftsmen around, hard to choose and you get confused as well haha, regretting it now though. will probably sell a few.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
          Bangkok Taxi drivers are thieves. Want to quote you fare without meter. Normally 2 to 3 times the rate. Usually I sit in taxi and don't move. When they don't co operate I just call the number of their company. Gets them moving fast enough. Best way about is via bus. When in Bangkok load a local sim and 300 bahts buys you 7 days unlimted internet acces. Check on google maps where you are and where you want to go and it gives you bus schedules with bus stops and directions and none of the buses costs more than 27 baht for a trip anywhere around the city. Far quicker and easier than taxis. Use buses in conjuction with BTS and you can travel anywhere in Bangkok very easy and very cheap.
          I found most taxi drivers were pretty good at using their meters outside of lower suk. I used to use buses a lot but wouldn't dare try them to go a more complicated route.

Comment

Working...
          X