Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had this a few months now, cues don't come any better imo.

Comment

• Really nice that Narl.

Hidden 3/4 too...?

Comment

• Yeah that's mike's standard 3/4 design, looks like a 1 piece from a couple of feet away.

Comment

• Thanks guys,
          I will post better pictures of the cue with a better and more natural light the next days.

I would be happy if you post your MW Cues puictures here!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
            Had this a few months now, cues don't come any better imo.
            I have to agree with you imo the best cues out there, I love playing with my USA 11mm pool cue and I have a 9.5mm snooker cue from Mike as well and they take very little time to get used to them

Comment

• https://ibb.co/iLPJk6

Finally!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                very nice
                how long did you have to wait?
                what are the specs and the front splice?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Just the 5 years and 2 months!

Its fraction under 58", 9.5mm, 18.6oz, 17.5 BP. Its a splice of Amboyna Burl, very happy with it, grain is perfect as requested.

Comment

• Christ, 5 years 2 months.

They really went mental with the size of that face splice, i remember the traditionals used to have a pretty short face splice then they suddenly made it much longer (easy to tell an old one from a new one in this regard), seems to be the new size for them.
                    Last edited by narl; 21 November 2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Does look nice..hope shes a player

Comment

• Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
                        Does look nice..hope shes a player
                        Couldn't resist getting on the table and giving it a test drive earlier, only had it this morning!

It does feel nice, got to get used to the throw and obviously a new tip but first impressions are it's a very nice cue. Doesn't feel as heavy as it is, got a nice spring in shaft I think I'll adapt to it. However, it's a tough decision if it will replace my maximus ultimate, as I've used that for over 3 years.

Comment

• Lovey cue but i dont think i could ever wate 5 yesrs but i have started my saving jar for 1 i will by a second hand one next year
                          Current playing cue Trevor White
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Christ, 5 years 2 months.

They really went mental with the size of that face splice, i remember the traditionals used to have a pretty short face splice then they suddenly made it much longer (easy to tell an old one from a new one in this regard), seems to be the new size for them.
                            In the flesh it doesn't look as long as the photo makes it appear, though I did ask for a 10" length front splice because I have an old traditional model with a very short face splice and didn't want a short splice as I didn't want a thick veneer.

I've got to admit I'm actually thrilled with it now. There is always that little bit of uncertainty because until you open the package you don't know what its going to look like. At first I thought well its nice but not exactly as I expected. But looking at it closer and the grain in the shaft and overall quality of the butt and front splice, Parris has gone up in my estimation. This is definitely a huge leap in quality to the standard range I've seen recently and having read some comments that some ultimate cues in recent times have been poor quality, suffice to say this is one of the finest cues I've seen, let alone owned.

Comment

In the flesh it doesn't look as long as the photo makes it appear, though I did ask for a 10" length front splice because I have an old traditional model with a very short face splice and didn't want a short splice as I didn't want a thick veneer.

I've got to admit I'm actually thrilled with it now. There is always that little bit of uncertainty because until you open the package you don't know what its going to look like. At first I thought well its nice but not exactly as I expected. But looking at it closer and the grain in the shaft and overall quality of the butt and front splice, Parris has gone up in my estimation. This is definitely a huge leap in quality to the standard range I've seen recently and having read some comments that some ultimate cues in recent times have been poor quality, suffice to say this is one of the finest cues I've seen, let alone owned.
                              Pleased for you Cueman. Looks spot on.

Comment

Pleased for you Cueman. Looks spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X