Mezz entering the Snooker Cue market.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUMP.........

Anyone out there using the Mezz Snooker Cue or have used one?

I am still yet to see any around around my local clubs and Mezz have still not dropped the price of them at all with them still retailing at $994 Australian dollars here which is close to 450 pounds UK money and then add postage onto it.

The cue shaft is weight adjustable and a laminated 6 pie laminated shaft! ( a first in snooker)
    http://www.worldcuesports.com.au/pro...-snooker-cues/

6 Pie laminated shaft is interesting though.
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

I've never seen one. I did contact them about 1yr ago and they referred me to their USA retailer. Said a custom order would take up to 8 weeks and price would be somewhere around $1,000(CAN) + shipping + duty too. That's around 500quid+.

Too expensive for me just to try out the cue. They have no retailers in Canada.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Chappy5 View Post
        BUMP.........

Anyone out there using the Mezz Snooker Cue or have used one?

I am still yet to see any around around my local clubs and Mezz have still not dropped the price of them at all with them still retailing at $994 Australian dollars here which is close to 450 pounds UK money and then add postage onto it.

http://www.worldcuesports.com.au/pro...-snooker-cues/

6 Pie laminated shaft is interesting though.
        Well, I saw this thread and it's intresting u asking this !! I wanted to start thread about this ( about 4 weeks ago ) and give sum review . But I did'nt cus I thought no one would be intrested !!
        Anyway !! About 4 wks a go i was in US to visit my older brother !! we went to a club to play a few frams snooker and I saw a player useing this cue !! I asked permission to try a few shots !! The cue is responsief But too stiff !! you can compared the playability of those shafts with predator Z shafts !! Is almost about the same !! I did'nt like the sound and how the cue feels and especially the way the cue was balanced !! I play the game with Laminated cue shaft myself But this was different !! if i had one , I would use it to play US pool , Not snooker !!
        As for craftsmnshp , Not bad !! Nice finish and smooth !!
        Of crs ,, I played only few shots ( about 10 mnts ) and this is just my personal opinion !!
        You may buy one and can get on with it very Well !!
        But if you do'nt like to play with Maple , than I would'nt do it if I was you !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          Well, I saw this thread and it's intresting u asking this !! I wanted to start thread about this ( about 4 weeks ago ) and give sum review . But I did'nt cus I thought no one would be intrested !!
          Anyway !! About 4 wks a go i was in US to visit my older brother !! we went to a club to play a few frams snooker and I saw a player useing this cue !! I asked permission to try a few shots !! The cue is responsief But too stiff !! you can compared the playability of those shafts with predator Z shafts !! Is almost about the same !! I did'nt like the sound and how the cue feels and especially the way the cue was balanced !! I play the game with Laminated cue shaft myself But this was different !! if i had one , I would use it to play US pool , Not snooker !!
          As for craftsmnshp , Not bad !! Nice finish and smooth !!
          Of crs ,, I played only few shots ( about 10 mnts ) and this is just my personal opinion !!
          You may buy one and can get on with it very Well !!
          But if you do'nt like to play with Maple , than I would'nt do it if I was you !!!
          Stiff..............

Is a no for me then from that review mate and i reckon you are the only bloke on here that has actually played with one!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            I've never seen one. I did contact them about 1yr ago and they referred me to their USA retailer. Said a custom order would take up to 8 weeks and price would be somewhere around $1,000(CAN) + shipping + duty too. That's around 500quid+.

Too expensive for me just to try out the cue. They have no retailers in Canada.
            Whack another name on the EXACT Cue and i doubt it would be retailing for the dollars that Mezz are asking for it, they are relying on their name to sell it but in reality know very little about the Snooker Cue market i reckon. Just cause they have replaceable weights that can be inserted into the Cue coupled with a CNC lathe/machine to make it does not really justify the $$$$$ they are asking for a machine made laminated 6 Pie Cue.

Comment

Whack another name on the EXACT Cue and i doubt it would be retailing for the dollars that Mezz are asking for it, they are relying on their name to sell it but in reality know very little about the Snooker Cue market i reckon. Just cause they have replaceable weights that can be inserted into the Cue coupled with a CNC lathe/machine to make it does not really justify the $$$$$ they are asking for a machine made laminated 6 Pie Cue.
              I agree 100%. They must have researched the market on pricing for top quality snooker cues and figured theirs should be that price but for me I would NOT pay that for a CNC-made cue which is also stiff too. Maybe with very few sales they will eventually drop their price to something more reasonable.
              I would give one a try if it was around 250GBP or so.

(Although your Australian supplier swears by them as I saw his comments in a FB response to Nic Barrow I believe.)
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Stiff..............

Is a no for me then from that review mate and i reckon you are the only bloke on here that has actually played with one!
                Well, this forum has many members but I did get the chance to give it a try for a few mints !!
                It's not a poor playing cue , just Not made for snooker IMO !!

Comment

The prices for machine made pool cues from the likes of Predator and Mezz are ridiculous. Sponsorship apart, anyone with any sense willing to spend that much on a pool cue takes the full custom route from a sole authorship craftsman. Predator and Mezz happen to be very good at marketing. Their cues do not justify the hype or the prices since I believe they are mostly mass manufactured by machine in the far east. I should think this would also transfer to anything snooker related they get involved with.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    I agree 100%. They must have researched the market on pricing for top quality snooker cues and figured theirs should be that price but for me I would NOT pay that for a CNC-made cue which is also stiff too. Maybe with very few sales they will eventually drop their price to something more reasonable.
                    I would give one a try if it was around 250GBP or so.

(Although your Australian supplier swears by them as I saw his comments in a FB response to Nic Barrow I believe.)
                    I rarely listen to what the seller of the Cue is saying regarding them and i highly doubt he will say anything else as he is the No.1 distributor of Mezz products here in Oz! Take anything what they say with a grain of salt IMO and regular blokes that have actually played with them opinion wise mean so much more to me than a supplier who is making money on every Cue sold.

Comment

I own a Mezz pool cue and it plays great. It feels like a solid piece of construction and I especially love the snug joint. I believe it's called a united joint or something, never seen anything like that on a snooker cue.

Raring to give their snooker cue a go but without more players' review, I just can't justify purchasing one at its current price... unless I've a windfall...
                      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

only just saw this thread.
                        Adrian correct in the pricing they are high and like most Pool Cue supplier in the USA and Japan they tell you what you have to sell at.
                        This is definitely the best cue i have used by far and i have had most high end cues.
                        They are that good supply is hard to get and i have nine on order with 4 sold so far and i looking at how i can get these made myself.

The pie shape solid laminated shaft offers the best in strength and the are spot on in straightness unlike other cues out there. They also
                        have a weight bolt system in the shaft which is quite amazing as the bolts are between 5-15 grams but it makes a massive difference.

Overall they have more power than a ash and play better with side than anything around at present.
                        i Hope to have one out myself to compete with it in mid 2016.

mick

Comment

forgot to mention one thing. A machine made cue comment which i believe is better to be hand made.
                          The best in both worlds would be a hand spliced cue and machine finished in my opinion as you can feel ridges in hand
                          finished cues. A computer finished cue after working with many pool cues offer the better quality overall than any hand made
                          cue by far.

mick

Comment

Do you work for Mezz Mick???

lol
                            Last edited by Chappy5; 24 August 2015, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Im a bit late with a reply. But , can honestly say that the cue has improved my game. weekly 100breaks, improved longgame. Machinemade yes, but level, compared to the many ashcues that floats around. But besides that, I have to say that a stiff maple cue goes against what all players (95% of them) enjoys to play with. Only a few has ever given maple the thought of day in terms of making a snookercue out of it. But Mezz chose it because ash played too different from one production to another. I have tried 3 of these v95 shafts and had 2 of them 3months and now 10 months and counting on this latest one. The first one i didnt keep was for another customer, and that one i had a 108 with on the first day. The other two, I broke 130 barrier within a good week with the first , and the one I kept, i had a 143 on the 2nd day of play.

Switched from the 2nd cue only because i was given a plain bocote model at first, and was waiting for an inlay version.

i'll post some videos with it soon for examples.

I found that medium and soft tips on the cue are no good. Too much squirt. I tried several attempts of kamui medium brown (original) and found them all to be too soft for the overall feel. MediumHard Original Kamui is what I have settled on, and everytime i fit one (every 3 months approx.) its played in within 5 or 6 frames where u pound the ball a bit harder. Plus the deflection/squirt is significantly lower than with the softer tips.

Downside ? maybe that its 1cm shorter than what some players want. But for me its perfect. I couldnt imagine playing with another cue honestly.
                              Comparing Ash performance to Maple ...
                              I've played with Parris back when it was MAGICAL (pre 2005ish), compared to how hit n miss they play in the newer productions, and ive tried 4-5 cues lately from Parris which played like night and day. Thats my take on Ash... Ordering one online without having tried it, is something I wouldnt dare with any ash cue. the 6piece laminated shaft from Mezz, seems to make sure of the squirt and feel being near the same every make you get. Same like Predatorcues 314 and z shafts did (before they moved to china and became inconsistent)

It plays less elastic, more stiff and solid, but still with plenty of feel, and good amount of spin in it too.

its way different. It takes time for someone solely used to ash, to get used to it. but ive had both, and it took me about a week or two after I got the first model till i started feeling super comfy with it.

Comment

if u read this... I own both pool and snookercues from mezz... Trust me. The cue is worth it. The jointsystem is amazing too, and the best part about it besides the snug fit, is that the sound of the hit, is way less resonant and less loud because of it. It rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X