• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by marc.lockley@ntlworld.com View Post
    Ah Jim

I see you're now dabbling in websites.

jawes cues

Good luck with this, I started tinkering a few years ago and it's more of a time drain than cue making!
    thats why not followed up for a couple of years,lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
      thats why not followed up for a couple of years,lol.
      Hi Jim

Don't know if you mean me or you!

It's been bedlam for me since we spoke last year, had 2 different jobs working and staying away whilst people still want me in the gas world, build loads of websites for various people as a sideline when the gas work dried up, a little bit of health issues (now fixed) and now got more time on my hands than can shake a stick at so playing snooker again.

As I can now catch my breath I can finally take that hobby up. Sunday, on my way to pick up a small lathe and a band saw. Already have some planes and various tools that I have collected. The room on the back of the garage is nearly clear and I have an electrician coming tomorrow to look at the consumer unit so a dust extractor ampage and other power drains won't set the place on fire.

I've still got the wood you kindly sent me (been staring at me for some time), various cues to fix and some other ash etc that I have purchased. I also found an ash supplier 40 minutes from me who supplies kiln dried ash in planks. I've purchased a dehumidifier so can let the wood sit for a while in various stages and also have a beer fridge for when I just want to sit out there and stare at stuff. I will definitely be making a start soon as my son (last child) leaves home soon so there will be less football on the tv and probably more big brother etc.

I also said I'd make a cue for my stepfather and he's 75 soon so I'd better get cracking, really enjoyed reading your thread.......
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Hi mark no I meant not been on weebly site to update for a couple of yr,glad your back sorting shed if I can help let me know.

Comment

• Hi Jim

I'm with it now.....takes a while sometimes.

When I get kitted out I'll give you a call as it would be nice to catch up, been following your thread.

Comment

• this is a eureka rep i copied from my original.,,,,,,,,,

Comment

• Hi Jim

Missing your updates mate, always had a look in to see yer latest work and cue making.......Hope all's well.

Comment

• Hi Jim

Missing your updates mate, always had a look in to see yer latest work and cue making.......Hope all's well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                  my first red badged cue a eureka rep,58 ins,18 oz,10mm tip,balances at 17 3/4,tulipwood on maccasser ebony.
                  Think I've just bought this one Jim, but they put the tip at 9.1mm, got it for a steal off flea bay, put a cheeky bid on and forgot all about it! Got a bit told off of the misses, but sure it will be worth it
                  No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                    Think I've just bought this one Jim, but they put the tip at 9.1mm, got it for a steal off flea bay, put a cheeky bid on and forgot all about it! Got a bit told off of the misses, but sure it will be worth it
                    Maybe tip has been taken down ?
                    If it was still 10mm I would of maybe bidded

Comment

• Answer saw it,don't look at cues much now on ebay.pm how much you paid mate,lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Maybe tip has been taken down ?
                        If it was still 10mm I would of maybe bidded
                        Fingers crossed its a typo, but at £72 it was an absolute steal!

Comment

• Definitely, lol

Comment

• nice shaft jim should have kept it

Comment

• img20151021_131112.jpgimg20151021_130750.jpgimg20151021_131020.jpg
                              Cue arrived today and it's a stunner, 2nd one in, I can't believe how under valued cues are at the moment?
                              I really want to buy more but am being constantly reminded of my self imposed one in one out rule, ( although I seem to remember a bargain clause!) And as nothing is selling I'm stuck in a bit of a catch 22, might have to set up a cue laundering thread / Christmas swap shop?

Comment

• img20151021_131112.jpgimg20151021_130750.jpgimg20151021_131020.jpg
                                Cue arrived today and it's a stunner, 2nd one in, I can't believe how under valued cues are at the moment?
                                I really want to buy more but am being constantly reminded of my self imposed one in one out rule, ( although I seem to remember a bargain clause!) And as nothing is selling I'm stuck in a bit of a catch 22, might have to set up a cue laundering thread / Christmas swap shop?

Comment

Working...
                                X