Woods Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods Cues

Just wondering if this is a genuine ebony butt and not just painted? Seems very cheap for a hand spliced cue http://www.woodscues.com/collections...h-8-8-5-mm-tip

Link doesn't work ?

Comment

Seems to be working when i click it

Comment

http://www.woodscues.com/collections...h-8-8-5-mm-tip

Comment

Can't expect great quality at that price, and the butt looks poorly finished in their own pic !!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Can't expect great quality at that price, and the butt looks poorly finished in their own pic !!
            Thanks. I was just interested to see what people thought as i didn't believe it was possible to make a hand spliced cue for such a low price, as i was looking round for a cue at maybe up to £150 for playing pool and maybe snooker with.

Comment

They are brown ebony butts over painted. sand the paint off the splices and they are often uneven
              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                They are brown ebony butts over painted. sand the paint off the splices and they are often uneven
                Thanks for the info Maverick. Guess that explains the price.

Comment

Some of the woods cues are actually quite good for money.

Comment

I owned one few year ago, there is painted ebony butt, don’t expect jet black ebony at this price.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                      Some of the woods cues are actually quite good for money.
                      I had a 3 star one that was regarded as the best of the woods cues. It was a cracking cue but wasn't proper black African ebony. Have you worked on any that were Jim?
                      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

got one i took in part ex,looks to good to mess with to be honest, not worked on any.

Comment

Working...
                        X