Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ez's - the genuine or fake cue thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from what I heard, JP asked Coutts many years ago to make the chequered slabs to several designs, bought a stock of them and then added them to the cues at that time, or still has some slabs waiting to be added to new cues.

maybe Louise Sheldon can confirm the story?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Ok, it's been a while since I've commented here, but I've noticed a marked increase in the number of fakes appearing on ebay again. So lets kick off with this little Parris number :-)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...826451&alt=web

EZ
      " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

• Ok, it's been a while since I've commented here, but I've noticed a marked increase in the number of fakes appearing on ebay again. So lets kick off with this little Parris number :-)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...826451&alt=web

EZ
        " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

• How is it a fake then, in your opinion?

Comment

• The joint and the badge are the 2 obvious things wrong with it.

Comment

• Stating the obvious but so bloody many fakes on Ebay, infuriating as they don't care one iota. I've reported the people selling replacement/personalised badges. Pic one always shows your name etc.... The next pic show all the major cue makers badges- Just tap in 'Snooker cue badge' and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
                Stating the obvious but so bloody many fakes on Ebay, infuriating as they don't care one iota. I've reported the people selling replacement/personalised badges. Pic one always shows your name etc.... The next pic show all the major cue makers badges- Just tap in 'Snooker cue badge' and you'll see what I mean.
                Chap in the advert does make a convincing pitch. Seems honest?

Comment

• Originally Posted by focus View Post
                  How can he be honest if he's willing to send people copies of famous badges ?? they only get used for one thing. to mislead people

Comment

• Originally Posted by focus View Post
                    Seems honest; do me a favour! If he stated he would only supply a badge upon evidence of a purchase of a high end cue purchase fair enough. How many people have been duped buying cues with his fake badges on, quite a few I imagine.

On another note please do not reply or quote anything from my posts. I would prefer not to be associated with any of your inane drivel.

Comment

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...UAAOSwZQxW3dCi

This is a cracker. A classic in 1 piece maple burwat champion form with the badge half way up the butt.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...UAAOSwZQxW3dCi

This is a cracker. A classic in 1 piece maple burwat champion form with the badge half way up the butt.
                        Jesus it's funny to us, how many innocent people are getting caught out with these fakes

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          How can he be honest if he's willing to send people copies of famous badges ?? they only get used for one thing. to mislead people
                          There's probably an innocent explanation.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
                            Jesus it's funny to us, how many innocent people are getting caught out with these fakes
                            For some fakes though like the one i linked it makes no sense how people get caught out. It never crosses peoples minds to go to the parris website and see that the cue looks nothing like the one on ebay? Obviously some are very good copies, other times there's a night and day difference and people still bid on it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                              For some fakes though like the one i linked it makes no sense how people get caught out. It never crosses peoples minds to go to the parris website and see that the cue looks nothing like the one on ebay? Obviously some are very good copies, other times there's a night and day difference and people still bid on it.
                              Unfortunately you're relying on people having some common sense!

Comment

• and another one here
                                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                                X