X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st edition Alcock

Comment

• hi kev, a few lookers there. whats the specs on the machine splice cue?

Comment

• Hi mate, specs are 59" with an 11mm tip. So happy with both additions but especially the Jelks

Comment

• Odd that you don't see many about isn't it?
          How common are Alcock cues over there? I was kindly given this one:

..but I haven't seen any for sale over here.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by kev267 View Post
            Hi mate, specs are 59" with an 11mm tip. So happy with both additions but especially the Jelks
            yeah from your pic it looks like a bit of a player. anymore info on it to hand like weight, butt size an balance point?

Comment

• Sure, The butt is 30.8mm and is stamped 17oz. The cue balances right on the ebony point and feels around 17oz. Slight deviation but has a stiff maple shaft. It's a beauty and looks pretty much in original condition. Haven't had a hit with it but looks to be player.

Comment

Sure, The butt is 30.8mm and is stamped 17oz. The cue balances right on the ebony point and feels around 17oz. Slight deviation but has a stiff maple shaft. It's a beauty and looks pretty much in original condition. Haven't had a hit with it but looks to be player.
                cheers for that kev, is it looking for a home?

Comment

• Not quite but will be happy to let you knowing it needs to be evicted

Comment

• h
                    Yeh, 1st edition Alcocks are difficult to find over here as it is. The last I saw, was a pair of 1st editions that came up for sale on UK Ebay around 4 years back. Nice pick up you got there. How many other UK collectors have one if these in their collection?

Comment

Not quite but will be happy to let you knowing it needs to be evicted
                      well im looking for an old cue as a playing cue, so id be happy to put it up to see how we get on

Comment

• Not me still chasing one,lol

Comment

• Haha I'm surprised Mate. Anything to trade Jim

Comment

• Gutted ! and confused at the same time. My first loss either receiving, or posting a cue. .

Lovely early J.P. Mannock with snakewood front splice, and unchipped horn ferrule.

Like many of us do, I found this on fleabay, and came to a price away from it.

Cue arrived on time ( parcelforce48 ) but rattling about inside the tube.

My heart sank when I peered in and saw

Worse was to come however, as I thought with a bit of careful gluing, there could be a non playing collectors cue and some insurance payback.

When I laid out the tip 57" ( original length ) away from the end of the butt, there was a gap, and a big gap at that. Those were the only 2 pieces in the tube.

I sent pics to the seller of both the cue, and the tube ( which showed no outward signs of damage ).

Guy was surprised to see the brown parcel tape on each end of the case, as he had sealed it with black tape.

Claim now in with parcelforce.

Pity, as it was a lovely cue.

Comment

• Let me know how you get on,they refused my claim as said cue was antique so not covered o there insurance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                                Let me know how you get on,they refused my claim as said cue was antique so not covered o there insurance.
                                Cheers Jim, never thought of that. Even though I was buying the cue, the guy initially said I would have to claim from parcelforce.

I put him straight on that, but he shows no signs of refunding me until he is himself paid by parcelforce.

The downside of paypal gift, eh ?

Comment

Working...
                                X