• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
    Clearly it isnt working for him is it?
    WHAT !!!, he's a fantastic player

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    i feel its all about where that white ball goes on impact an if it was intended it to go in that direction, thats if what you see from trump on the screen is true. you mentioned terry, well tels tchnique is an im sure he would be the first to agree not ideal, but its never stopped him from potting balls off the lamp shades
    I didn't mention Terry's technique. I said Terry wouldn't agree due to his Nic Barrow teaching methodology. And what I see from Trump is true, I was watching very closely, trying to see how his delivery stroke came through straight but the bloody vision mixer kept switching cameras all the time, and then I saw it, that very slight body movement to the right on every shot that means the butt of the cue goes to the right and therefore pivots on the fulcrum of his bridge hand enabling the cue to come through straight.

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    That does'nt happens with every shot Vmax !! most of the time this happens with power shots he's playing !
    Every shot Ramon, look very closely again when next you see him play.

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    vmax:

What would be the logic in having 2 things to coordinate when without movement and addressing the cueball to the right you could have ZERO things to coordinate (in that area). I believe the right way to go is to have as few moving parts in the technique as possible but I know that's hard to achieve.
    As predicted, Terry disagrees, though he agrees that having as few moving parts in ones technique is very hard to achieve. Now what if it's impossible, try as one might the movement remains, why not compensate for it if you can.

I might give it a go next time I'm down the club, Although I can pot well I cannot for the life of me play the cue ball up and down the spots without a trace of right hand side on the ball, so I will try compensating for that by addressing the cue ball to the left and see if I then hit centre on delivery.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
      Sounds like you need a coach
      Are you volunteering Leo?
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Vmax ,
        I have a couple of videos of JT !! diff matchs against ROS and few other players !! I'm not talking about ytube ,, I have them recorded on CD. My DVD player has the ability to play them slowmotion !! I watched them again !! I guess I owe you an apology !! he has slitly body movement in almost every shot !! so, you are right !!
        Of crs , as long as he can pott those balls and do it consistently , is nothing wrong with it , imo !!
        especially if that happens after striking the CB !!
        Even in amateur level , I know many players with bodymovemnt during playing the shot ,who can play very well !!
        But a snooker coach would'nt recommend any bodymovemnt !!
        My own brother turns his head to left after almost every power shot he's playing ( happens after striking ) . But his eyes stays on OB ( I've wached him closely , I'm sure of it ) . Funy is , he can pot very Well !! If he miss the pot , is cus of bad cueing Or taking his eyes off the OB BEFORE STRIKING !! But still, it's a nasty habit .
        I think the problem is that many players gonna give so much attention about thr setup and what they have to do before the delivery , and as result they forget the main thing which is : what happens DURING the delivery of the cue !!
        If you ( as a player ) rais the butt up a bit whit every shot , But u can deliver the cue 100 prct parallel with the table + a fine acceleration ,,, I do'nt see what is wrong with that !!
        Haveing said that , Personally , I would recommend a beginner to follow instructions from a coach !!
        Last edited by Ramon; 31 August 2015, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
          Vmax ,
          I have a couple of videos of JT !! diff matchs against ROS and few other players !! I'm not talking about ytube ,, I have them recorded on CD. My DVD player has the ability to play them slowmotion !! I watched them again !! I guess I owe you an apology !! he has slitly body movement in almost every shot !! so, you are right !!
          Of crs , as long as he can pott those balls and do it consistently , is nothing wrong with it , imo !!
          especially if that happens after striking the CB !!
          Would you agree that the offset address he employs enables him to strike centre ball to compensate for that body movement as it happens on the strike and not after it.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
            Would you agree that the offset address he employs enables him to strike centre ball to compensate for that body movement as it happens on the strike and not after it.

or crs !! absolutely !! that's obvious !! he aim to the left / right side of the CB, then during the backswing he makes a move to the right. therefore he coms stright to The center of the CB and deliver the cue !! he does this also in case he wants to play with helping side (in that case, you can see clearly that his body moves less !! cus the point he wants to hit, is close to the sides of CB so he compensate Less !! ! strange way !!
            I aim Always offsets !! but I do choose the lowest point of CB (the tip almost touching the table). This way I can find the center of the CB and this helps me to do a much better acclration !! exactly the same way Jimmy White did !!! in other words: I always choose two different aim points on CB (during delivery, the cue is not in touch with my chin) actually, this way I increase the time that the tip remains in contact with CB ( beter acclration , less effort , more result ). I love to say , this is another reason whay JT plays this way , But who knows for sure ? !!! Lol !!
            Btw , I also notice a bit head movmnt with sum of the power shots JT playing !! But that happens after striking the CB !! Anyway !! He can play very well . I'm glad it works for him !!

Comment

Working...
            X