Arch Fine Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Fine Cues

Just wondered if any of the forum members have ever owned or used an 'Arch Fine Cue'?

These were made in Newcastle back in the 1990s and were incredibly expensive as the makers used metals like silver, gold and platinum for inlays in the butt.

A friend of mine owned a website that sold these cues and was given one as a sample and he lent it to me many years ago and it was really heavy, around 25oz weight!! I also saw some for sale in Harrods sports department in London and they were priced between £3000 and £10000 depending on which precious metals had been used.

The only other one I have seen is owned by Pete Hutchinson (member of this forum) as he treated himself to one one year and it is a stunning cue, dead straight grain and perfect arrows and in a bespoke leather case with his name on it!

I can't imagine the company made a lot of these cues especially at the high prices they charged!

Oldgit
    'Believe To Achieve'

Never owned one but yes simply stunning. Never heard of Keith Robson & John Colman

Comment

Far too heavy so what's the point in making them ?? i guess there must be different levels of quality as one just sold cheap in ebay and mentioned a £250 price (see link)
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arch-Snook...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Far too heavy so what's the point in making them ?? i guess there must be different levels of quality as one just sold cheap in ebay and mentioned a £250 price (see link)
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arch-Snook...p2047675.l2557
        Yes, saw that on eBay John, didn't look like it had much use at all. The leather case looked nice I think the point in making them was to 'cover all bases' pricewise.......make a few cues and sell them for many thousands and some wealthy people will buy them!!

I imagine a lot of Arch cues ended up in the Middle East
        'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

I thought Pete had a couple of them ? Could be my imagination though.

Comment

Seen a few, couple of mates use them, one lads is around 26oz, with two solid silver front splices, silver joint face colars, badge and silver ferrule, beautiful looking cue but far too heavy, as with his and the other lads i know who have them the splice fingers are very long on the 3/4 cues, not keen on the very long butts, almost half the cue is butt

Comment

I just got one of these today, i'd never heard of them i just fancied a heavier cue and it plays lovely so i'm well happy
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I know this thread is a few years old. I've got a very early Arch Fine Cue and I'm currently having it restored. I used to have some of their silver inlaid cues. I had a pinstripe and a double spiral design. Beautiful cues and phenomenal craftsmanship. Does anyone know if John still makes cues? Or does anyone know anyone know of any silver Sue's for sale?

Comment

i have a silver double front splice Arch craft and case n toys
                  Last edited by ADW147CUEMAN; 12 April 2020, 03:06 PM.
                  nonchalant sideways action amongst some very ignorant pokes :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by ADW147CUEMAN View Post
                    i have a silver double front splice Arch craft and case n toys
                    Very nice. Do you have any pics?

Comment

I have an Arch cue. I had in made in 1995, which at the time cost £400. I'll take some pics and upload them.

Comment

Originally Posted by MarkyMcC View Post
                        I have an Arch cue. I had in made in 1995, which at the time cost £400. I'll take some pics and upload them.
                        we will all look forward to see the photos - not seen one of these for a few years

edit - forgot to ask, what are the specs of the cue? Weight, etc.

Before you ask how to....

How to add images to your TSF posts
                        You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
                        ImgBB.com
                        Click on "Start Uploading"
                        Browse to the file and select it, click Open
                        Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
                        Click "Upload".
                        Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".
                        Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
                        Go to your TSF post and paste.
                        You can repeat for multiple images in to a single post.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X