X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks apreciate the advice guys!

Comment

• just adding my tuppence worth...

after receiving a freebie SS tip from ADR via Dave Walton I finally got round to putting on my trusty Trev White and had a knock with it today...

All I can say is that it took a bit more work to shape than an Elk - due to the physical size of the bloody thing! - but I can honestly say from almost the first shot it felt 'bedded in'. It held chalk well and after a few shots and chalkings I felt at home with it.

I was a bit dubious as it was a 'Super Soft' tip but it felt just right for me, thinking it may be a bit spongy as I normally compress my usual Elks. Shots felt responsive and I had no probs doing 'feel' shots as well as doing deep screws etc It didn't flatten off and need doming like elks tend to do for the first few shots. A little reshaping with some fine wet n dry and it was perfect.

Definite a convert to the ADR super soft tip
      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

• Tried out an ADR 147 SS tip tonight on my Parris cue. It played really well and I am a convert now.I have tried many tips and this one is for me. Well worth the money- actually felt I could play abit. Happy old man. Thanks ADR.Must order more.

Comment

• glad you liked it
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Andrew,
            I'm about to try your creation but I'm skeptical about the model I should try. At first I was looking at the medium one but maybe soft would be better for a first?
            I ask this because of all the laminated tips I have tried before, I liked the firmness but found that it didn't provide enough grip nor holding the chalk too well. As a laminated, I suppose a soft one would already much harder than a hard pressed tip, wouldn't be?
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
              Andrew,
              I'm about to try your creation but I'm skeptical about the model I should try. At first I was looking at the medium one but maybe soft would be better for a first?
              I ask this because of all the laminated tips I have tried before, I liked the firmness but found that it didn't provide enough grip nor holding the chalk too well. As a laminated, I suppose a soft one would already much harder than a hard pressed tip, wouldn't be?
              i would try a medium - hard to explain you need to try them they are ok with chalk.

Comment

• Thanks mate !
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                  Andrew,
                  No problem with the medium as far as holding chalk or grip, and they don't feel too hard, honestly they're excellent

Comment

• I'll give it a go then. Thanks for the feedback !

Comment

• Not posted on here in ages but I've played with a medium (natural colour) and now a black soft ADR tip so thought i'd post a review.

They cut really nicely when putting on, stick like sh*t to a blanket so that's a good start. I played with the medium for a month or so and it spread slightly so had to trim it, no big deal I have to do that with every tip I've ever used. Just felt it was a bit hard for me so ordered a soft to try.

Initially I thought it was harder than the medium but carried on with it. Not had to trim it at all which is surprising ( a good surprise). No sign of it wearing out anytime soon either (or wearing at all in fact) so although they aren't the cheapest you wont have to keep replacing it every month like an elk.

With a normal pressed tip I tended to leave it large for it to bed in and flatten/compress a bit, I did the same with this but it just stays big so don't be afraid to trim and sand it to the final shape/size you want because it wont compress or change at all with play. Perhaps that why it felt hard because I left it quite big to start, now its sanded to a normal height it plays great.

I was a MW supertip convert (elk before that), but see no reason to change back from this ADR soft tip. Does what I need it to do I do like to tinker (who doesn't on here) so will try others but I know this is a good one so have a spare in my kit to use as and when.

Good work ADR.
                      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                        Not posted on here in ages but I've played with a medium (natural colour) and now a black soft ADR tip so thought i'd post a review.

They cut really nicely when putting on, stick like sh*t to a blanket so that's a good start. I played with the medium for a month or so and it spread slightly so had to trim it, no big deal I have to do that with every tip I've ever used. Just felt it was a bit hard for me so ordered a soft to try.

Initially I thought it was harder than the medium but carried on with it. Not had to trim it at all which is surprising ( a good surprise). No sign of it wearing out anytime soon either (or wearing at all in fact) so although they aren't the cheapest you wont have to keep replacing it every month like an elk.

With a normal pressed tip I tended to leave it large for it to bed in and flatten/compress a bit, I did the same with this but it just stays big so don't be afraid to trim and sand it to the final shape/size you want because it wont compress or change at all with play. Perhaps that why it felt hard because I left it quite big to start, now its sanded to a normal height it plays great.

I was a MW supertip convert (elk before that), but see no reason to change back from this ADR soft tip. Does what I need it to do I do like to tinker (who doesn't on here) so will try others but I know this is a good one so have a spare in my kit to use as and when.

Good work ADR.
                        thanks fella - glad it works for you.

Comment

• I am sure ADR will think I did not appreciate his gesture which was about a year ago ,when, following a small favour for him he sent me in addition to a delightful bottle of wine a couple of his tips. Over thus time having dutifully glued them on the 'GLUE' side!! I have used them almost everyday. They stick well, they wear well and they play well. Say no more. Thanks Andrew. F:snooker:

Comment

• ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

Anybody else get a free bottle of wine from Andrew?
                            #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Nope, even had to pay for my tips . . Ridiculous. .

Comment

• Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
                                Anybody else get a free bottle of wine from Andrew?
                                Mine must have gotten lost in the mail.
                                My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                                I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X