• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H
    [QUOTE=OmaMiesta;852737]
    Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    Well, I'm not a coach !! But just one question :
    Do u have a large hand !! Bcus in that case , The size of the button is important !! Has to suit ur griphand !!

Haha! Ramon was that an intentional play on words ( button > suit ) If so, my hats off to you sir
    to be honest with you, I'm sitting here with two lovely ladies and a couple of English friends and I'm drunk !! gonna open the 3rd bottle so ,, No comment at this time my friend !! Get back in few days !!
    Do'nt think too much about this kind of stuff ,,, just play The damn game !!
    And do'nt mess with ur game , if u wanna mes , mes up with ur wife Not ur game !!

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
      It's just a simple case of slightly lifting your middle finger from the cue! ��
      It sounds simple but actually making a conscious effort to do so if you don't do it already could send you bonkers
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        Well, I'm not a coach !! But just one question :
        Do u have a large hand !! Bcus in that case , The size of the button is important !! Has to suit ur griphand !!
        If the diam of the cue's butt is too thin and u have a large hand , could be the reason to whay the cue twists !!
        a m8 of mine had the same problem !! butt diam of his cue was 29 mm !! He Bought a cue with 30 mm butt diam an
        After that , never happened again !!
        Also ur grip during the backswing is important !! NOT TOO LOOSE !!! Your fingers must remain in tuch with the button of the cue !! I belive snooker coaches calling that : Firm grip ?? ( if I'm not mistaking ) .
        Closeing ur grip too early could also be the reason !! Wait until the cue tip hit the CB ( striking ) !! normally if u have a right setup , the button of the cue'll reach ur chest and That's the right timeing to closeing ur griphand and complt the delivery !!
        What ever u do , DO NOT put pressure on it !! Try to be relax during the delivery and let the cue doing his job !!
        As I said , I'm Not a coach !! this was just my opinion !! I hope u get sum better replays here and I hope u enjoy ur game !!
        True. A bigger hand / longer fingers can be an issue here.

Comment

But how does one know if the hands are bigger...?

Comment

I got a mate of mine at work to make me a laser pen attachment for my cue with his 3d printer. When you cue up to the wall you can see how massively your grip hand affects your cueing. Especially cue twisting. This is why I recommended loosening the middle finger, as this seems to correct it immediately! Also when you rehearse the delivery you can see how much the dot moves. Quite an eye opener if there are faults present!
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Inevermissblue
              This was above my wits

Comment

Originally Posted by Rudraksh View Post
                Inevermissblue
                This was above my wits
                Was it really! Nevermind.
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Now how am i supposed to get a laser pen attachment to my cue i dint get this and also the dot part and what part of me should be towards wall...?

Comment

Ok. Basically I have a plastic tube that the pen slides into and thus pushes in the on button on the pen. There is another fixed tube beneath for the cue to slide into near the tip!
                    I practised my preliminary addresses onto a spot on the splash back, of the kitchen worktop. Just by feathering I noticed that the cue was twisting slightly, forcing the dot away from the imaginary (or actual Cueball). Also when I rehearse the delivery of the cue I noticed considerable movement from the dot. I found myself re-engineering my cue grip to compensate.
                    I might get my mate to knock up a few more!!!
                    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                      Ok. Basically I have a plastic tube that the pen slides into and thus pushes in the on button on the pen. There is another fixed tube beneath for the cue to slide into near the tip!
                      I practised my preliminary addresses onto a spot on the splash back, of the kitchen worktop. Just by feathering I noticed that the cue was twisting slightly, forcing the dot away from the imaginary (or actual Cueball). Also when I rehearse the delivery of the cue I noticed considerable movement from the dot. I found myself re-engineering my cue grip to compensate.
                      I might get my mate to knock up a few more!!!
                      May I ask that wouldn't the extra weight, albeit a little, make your cueing unnatural?

Comment

This is something I did to satisfy a curiosity. Nothing more. I have found it to be very useful. The pen is a bit on the bulky side so I will buy a key ring type. The added weight only helps to magnify the error if it even has any bearing at all. Since I applied the new type grip I've noticed a bit of difference in my play. 73,83 & 102 last Monday! Not usually a common occurrence for me considering how little I play in comparison to others. I find that the theory of practise is often more effective than the time spent on a table anyway. By that I mean personal development, not coaching. As too much table time can breed bad habits and pull you further away from where you want to be. So its better to try to only bring positives to your game and hopefully improve.
                        Last edited by inevermissblue; 24 August 2015, 04:52 PM.
                        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Ok cool, thanks.
                          Was just curious really, if its working for you then thats great, some nice breaks you mentioned there too.

Guess we all try or have tried things away from the norm at times, the joys of experimenting

Comment

Originally Posted by devilronnie View Post
                            Is there a standard way/method for measuring the right cue butt size?
                            a guy at cue shop once told me, a good butt size is when you lightly hold the cue at the butt, the middle finger wraps around and is just touching the palm. if middle finger is not touching, or not just barely touching, then the butt is too thick or thin. That's how I picked my cue not sure if this is the correct way to select butt size, but I find it comfortable.

Comment

Originally Posted by thunder66 View Post
                              a guy at cue shop once told me, a good butt size is when you lightly hold the cue at the butt, the middle finger wraps around and is just touching the palm. if middle finger is not touching, or not just barely touching, then the butt is too thick or thin. That's how I picked my cue not sure if this is the correct way to select butt size, but I find it comfortable.

I'm not sure about how useful a measure that is. Firstly, I can do that with a 38mm cylinder (I know, I've just tried), and that would be too big for me as a butt size. Secondly, I don't have my middle finger wrapped around the butt anyway. Thirdly, not everyone has the same distribution of length from one finger to another.

I find that I can quite happily get used to anything normal sized (29.5-30.5), with a slight preference for the bigger size as I have quite long fingers.....but I don't think it's impossible to adapt your grip for a range of sizes.....I don't really feel a difference of a mm or so very much.

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                                I'm not sure about how useful a measure that is. Firstly, I can do that with a 38mm cylinder (I know, I've just tried), and that would be too big for me as a butt size. Secondly, I don't have my middle finger wrapped around the butt anyway. Thirdly, not everyone has the same distribution of length from one finger to another.

I find that I can quite happily get used to anything normal sized (29.5-30.5), with a slight preference for the bigger size as I have quite long fingers.....but I don't think it's impossible to adapt your grip for a range of sizes.....I don't really feel a difference of a mm or so very much.
                                thats the key. dont grip, feeel

Comment

Working...
                                X