Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10 000 1st Place in Canadian Tournament - Open to All Int'l Amateurs

http://www.snookercanada.ca/2015/08/...t-richler-cup/

That would be somewhere around 5,000GBP first prize for those amateur players not familiar with the value of the Canadian dollar. In the last month the dollar has dropped as just awhile ago it was 1.85 dollars to the pound but now it's about 2.03 or so.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

What's the standard like? Is it worth the holiday?

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
        What's the standard like? Is it worth the holiday?
        I think you would do well. The preliminary rounds would be played in a club venue most likely but normally the tables are in good shape and for sure it will be 1G balls. This year Patrick Guigui is not allowing any ex-pros (Bob Chaperone won it last year) so I would expect you would be roughly equal to our best here in Canada.

If you wanted to save a bit you could stay with me although you might need a rental car if our matches don't coincide. Depending on the venue the maximum drive would be 2hrs. Not sure I would have a bed for your daughter though if you bring her. There would be tournament hotels probably with a decent deal and fairly close to the venue. Most likely no shuttle service between hotel and venue.
        Terry Davidson

Comment

I was jesting my good man... Maybe next year though if I could plan the time well enough... Tourny might just be a welcome break on a little holiday with the kiddies.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            I was jesting my good man... Maybe next year though if I could plan the time well enough... Tourny might just be a welcome break on a little holiday with the kiddies.
            Hmmm...I guess my sense of humour bag has a slight rip in it, much the same as my couth bag
            Terry Davidson

Comment

Thanks for helping out with the info Terry. Probably best to refer to "Patrick Guigui" in the future as "Snooker Canada" as WE have many people on OUR team and all policies are discussed and decided as a team. Snooker Canada is a national amateur sports organization.

Comment

Working...
              X