No announcement yet.

STAR Academy... Pottr's perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like an extremely poor effort by The Academy .

I believe that you need to air your grievances with them , that's a lot of money that you paid out there . And

i would have expected a far , far better service than the one your lad received .

If you don't tell them.....how will they improve it for other kids ?
    Buyer beware, it's my fault I paid all that money I guess... I'm not naïve enough to think that they won't be aware of this thread anyway... Plenty of folks who frequent the Academy on here will report back.

I'm not sure whether it would be worth contacting them to be honest. Like I say, I am sure we will visit again, I wouldn't want to have a sour relationship with the place off the back of one bad experience... I have been a couple of times before and I really do like the facility.

I did expect a better service. But hey ho, you live and learn... If I send him next year, I will ask more questions and I will stay with him for the week in alternative accommodation.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
      Buyer beware, it's my fault I paid all that money I guess... I'm not naïve enough to think that they won't be aware of this thread anyway... Plenty of folks who frequent the Academy on here will report back.

I'm not sure whether it would be worth contacting them to be honest. Like I say, I am sure we will visit again, I wouldn't want to have a sour relationship with the place off the back of one bad experience... I have been a couple of times before and I really do like the facility.

I did expect a better service. But hey ho, you live and learn... If I send him next year, I will ask more questions and I will stay with him for the week in alternative accommodation.
      I know you are putting it down to experience and not about to complain but hopefully if they become aware of the thread they might contact you and do the decent thing of offering you another week as a good will gesture.

Comment

I hope they do become aware of the thread... I'm not attacking the Academy, I really do like the place and to be honest, Keith who was running it seems like a decent chap.

It's just constructive criticism from a genuine snooker enthusiast about a poor experience... I would be prepared to give the place another chance.

Comment

I've received some shocking PM's about the STAR academy over the last few hours... Seems my experience is not a one off...

I will not be sharing them but if half of what I have been told is true then it's a very disappointing reality behind the façade.

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
            Pottr how have you not thrown your new laptop at the wall yet with some of these responses!
            Maybe because he's just flushed £600 down the toilet and he doesn't want to do it again?
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Tom's just poking the bear, Geordie... He'll see me tonight at our Summer match and I'll give him a solid jab to the jawline for his cheek

Unless I'm dropped again, Tom?

Comment

Tom's just poking the bear, Geordie... He'll see me tonight at our Summer match and I'll give him a solid jab to the jawline for his cheek

Unless I'm dropped again, Tom?
                A Wladimir Klitschko jab or a Deontay Wilder jab?

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                  Maybe because he's just flushed £600 down the toilet and he doesn't want to do it again?
                  Yes i'm just jesting Geordie , Jack knows how to take me by now, been mates for years.

I doubt you'll be dropped mate you'll have to play we have the bare minimum
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

They call me The White Larry Holmes'

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                      Yes i'm just jesting Geordie , Jack knows how to take me by now, been mates for years.

I doubt you'll be dropped mate you'll have to play we have the bare minimum

Yeah Tom i guessed that seeing as you know each other in the real world

Wibble

Comment

They call me The White Larry Holmes'
                        you can put glass eyes to sleep?

Wibble

Comment

STAR Academy... Pottr's perspective

so, did the lad enjoy himself?

Comment

Yeah, he had a good time.

Comment

Perspective

Pottr,

First. Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I've spent a long while reading this post and every comment attached. I have quite a lot to say on it all but I will only go into that if you want.

This interested me as I was on the same course as your son so know what went on first hand, rather than seeing snippets.

Interesting what you have picked up and interesting what an outsiders perception of the course was.

One point to note quickly though. Like did get a certificate as I was there when he received it and had a group picture taken with it.

Comment

I'm just nipping out for an extra large bag of popcorn......

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                                X