Grand Cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games hard enough without having tip troubles ..thanks for you advise
    I just can't get much action on the cue ball these days with an hard tip ....maybe it's my timing or cue action that's gone after so long out of the game ....I will let a mate try my cue and get his feed back ...he knocks hundred breaks in for fun

Comment

• The elks I got are hard

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        I thought adr tips are laminated therefore hard ?
        I would just use Elk's if you like a soft tip
        Not the ones I've tried

Comment

• That's the problem l guess tips vary so much

Comment

• Tried both the soft and medium and not impressed to be honest. Playable from the off but go rock hard after a couple of weeks and produce a horrible clunky sound.

Still searching for a replacement equal to the old MW super tips

Comment

• I got a Blue Diamond Plus ..have tested it with my nails it's got some movement ..going to pop it on

Comment

• Like most, the old days starting out it was blue diamonds. A friend recommended an elk, that was me using them for many years back in the day. But for me now in the last 5 years it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to find a nice elk. I've tried many other tips. Again can they beat a good elk?? Anyway I bought a box of grand soft off ADR147. Put the tips on 2 cues, both excellent. It's still on my playing cue and I love it!! No more elks or any other for me.. Grand all the way!!

Comment

• That's reassuring ..I got a few Grand soft tips .... in the post will try them out
                  I always preferred the diamonds to the elks back in the day

Comment

• I've been playing with a Grand medium for almost two months now. Excellent tips to be honest. Keep their shape very well, even after a miscue, holds the chalk well. Can play all range of shots, especially the delicate soft screw perfectly.
                    I find them more consistent than Elkies and a bit firmer than a Blue Diamond Medium.
                    Very good tips.
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Sounds good I will give them a go ..
                      Thanks for your update

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        I thought adr tips are laminated therefore hard ?
                        I would just use Elk's if you like a soft tip
                        I stuck an ADR supersoft on my playing cue, in and around the balls it's excellent, I can't comment on it's comparison to other tips from days gone by as I didn't play then, but for a laminated tip they are definitely the softest I have tried, no clunk and good grip.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I just put a soft Grand tip on going to try it tonight ...it doesn't seem soft to me thou

Comment

• it's probably the hardest soft tip you'll come across! that said I switched over from pro granite, so in comparison it is soft indeed!

Comment

• Played 2 hours with the Grand soft tip and I loved it ...the best tip I tried since my return to snooker ..like people say it's not that soft but you can play shots from the get go ...doesn't throw the ball much when using side puts plenty of side on feels good and takes chalk good ...I think anyone having any tip trouble should give it a try ...I'm getting my confidence back using this tip

Comment

• I have been following this thread and so I have just purchased some Grand soft tips and will be giving them a go shortly.

I now have a collection of tips comprising Blue Diamond, Elkmaster, Mike Wooldrige and now a few Grand.

I'm sure that many of you will also have such a collection in little separate packages and, I would like to ask a question of those of you that do. If you were to tip them all out into a pile on the table, mix them up a bit, could you then put them all back into their correct packs? I am absolutely certain that I couldn't!

Comment

Working...
                                X