Best way to loosen a brass joint ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to loosen a brass joint ?

Hi guys i have an old peradon flrtcher 3/4 cue that has the 2 dots to match up like the cue craft quick release have a turn thingi..lol but i wouldlik to know if it is possible to have the joint loosend as to re alighn the flat with the grain on my cue ? now i know this is just asthetics but i would just like to know if anyone else has done this before and how did you do it ?

thanks.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

A wee bit of heat with a small or low set blowtorch used with care would do it Warren.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
      A wee bit of heat with a small or low set blowtorch used with care would do it Warren.
      thanks very much Andy.
      Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Not a great deal of heat is needed.I've done it using a cigarette lighter.
        :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

I used a soldering iron to heat a butt joint, less chance of burning the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            I used a soldering iron to heat a butt joint, less chance of burning the cue.
            I 'd suggested this in the past but was not really sure it would generate enough constant heat to melt the glue.

That's obviously a heads up that it is enough so may give this a go.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              I 'd suggested this in the past but was not really sure it would generate enough constant heat to melt the glue.

That's obviously a heads up that it is enough so may give this a go.
              That's actually a good point, the main joint is bigger than the butt joint so a soldering iron might not do it.

Comment

If you have a great gun with the shield on it.
                I use one or a small kitchen blow torch..

Which ever side has the spindle that sticks out, hear that first as it's easier to get hit without being near the cue.
                When that one is out, put the joint together and heat the the joint again from the glued part.
                Do it outside if you can as the for stinks if you burn it.

Keep turning the cue so that it heats up evenly.

Hope that helps..
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

money....... oh sorry wrong type of brass joint! oops...

Comment

Working...
                  X