Ultimate training ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate training ball

Nic Barrow training ball - any good, did it help you?

Worth the money?

I'm guessing it's a marked up cue ball, what's the point in it?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It has a spot on it to show the BOB if you want it, and a target to show where you can hit the ball for different spins. I bought one in a moment of weakness. It's not worth the money really, a spotted white is just as good, so you can see what spin you have on the cue ball.

Comment

sorry daft question I know but my mind has gone blank. BOB is ...... ?

R

Comment

something to do with contact point between cue ball and object ball?

Comment

Yeah sorry, it's back of ball, the bit you want to hit to pot the ball. Not something that's really ever on my mind unless I'm looking at the angle and it's fairly obvious then.

Comment

It's more the Centre of the Cue Ball, with a target tyoe of grid for different spin etc.

There is a poster of it just above the Green Pocket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvitu7adib8

(Obviously it has to be lined up accurately before each shot, or things will get confusing.)

Comment

Im put off by things like this, I always imagine it's pretty hard to get it all lined up perfect every time?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                  It's more the Centre of the Cue Ball, with a target tyoe of grid for different spin etc.

There is a poster of it just above the Green Pocket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvitu7adib8

(Obviously it has to be lined up accurately before each shot, or things will get confusing.)
                  It's got 2 sides, I know that sounds weird for a ball but it does, the other side is for if you want to use it as an object ball, to line up the BOB.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    It's got 2 sides, I know that sounds weird for a ball but it does, the other side is for if you want to use it as an object ball, to line up the BOB.
                    You mean a spot to aim the CB at to pot his ball?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                      You mean a spot to aim the CB at to pot his ball?

Exactly that. A laser pointer balanced on the cushion or with a bit of bluetack is infinitely more helpful.

Comment

Originally Posted by GasMonkey View Post
                        Exactly that. A laser pointer balanced on the cushion or with a bit of bluetack is infinitely more helpful.
                        Or maybe two, one on each side creating two lines a bit like a tram track to the pocket?

Comment

An ideal companion for the Aimframe and perfect gift for Fathers Day
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                          X