The Quest for Chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
    Fellow club player recommended Blue Master chalk. All I'll say is it's mighty blue on the cue ball. Still using the block of chalk he gave me and yet to open erm the cough cough 144 blocks I bought :redface:
    Green all day every day.
    Blue chalk...

Comment

• Personally I use kamui chalk 1.21 which is the harder stuff, works very well and grips the cue ball great whether I’m playing pool or Snooker,many wouldn’t pay nearly 24 pounds for one block though but I like to experiment and very rarely miscue.
      Works well with all tips I have tried including mike Wooldridge super tip or laminated tips 👍

Comment

• I use Blue Diamond. I tried some a friend gave me and liked it so I bought a box of 25 2 packs that was on clearance for $75. I probably wouldn't have paid the silly prices it is now but I do like it. Sticks well & no miscues

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
          Green all day every day.
          Blue chalk...
          Not the first time my sanity has been questioned :biggrin-new:

Comment

• Finally I tried the triangle pro chalk(light green), the only thing I don't like about it is the mess it makes on the table. The only chalk I've tried that was worse was silver cup (white). Every break of or shot with any real power behind it leaves a chalk mark, not sure if im over chalking the cue maybe or has anyone else noticed this chalk leaving a lot of marks?.
            However it seems to give a better reaction on the cue ball than the masters (grey) that I was using though.

Comment

• No . it does leave a lot of marks .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Predator chalk for me as an 8ball pool player using a kamui snooker black medium tip.

Comment

• Taom chalk seems to have marketed well and won a lot of pros and enthusiasts. i use russian magic chalk in green. used to use it for american pool, worked well

Comment

• I settled on Triangle Pro for quite some time but I started getting very fed up with the mess it makes on my cue and hands. My hands are blue after each session! I wouldn't go back to Taom, V2 or not. Its simply over priced. So I just purchased some Olive coloured Super Cup chalk from Amazon. 12 cubes for £4! Had to try at that bargain price. I use a medium Phoenix laminated tip. So after 3 sessions with the stuff, here is my verdict. Olive is 100% the right colour to have. It barely shows up on the cloth what little it does seem to leave on there. Where i was getting multiple kicks in a single session using Triangle Pro, I have had just one in 3 sessions. Thats already a major improvement. There is no mess left around the top of the wood by the tip or on my hands so another plus. Not one single mis cue either. So the bad? There is one. It does leave 'spots' on the cue ball, just like the Triangle Pro but you don't need to chalk as much I've found with Super Cup so that does help minimise the spots on the cueball but i don't mind that considering how good I think this chalk is plus i was already used to it with the Triangle Pro. The lack of mess it leaves on the table is just brilliant. I really do recommend this chalk! At around 35p per block, it makes forking out £15 for Taom even more of a joke.
                    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                      I settled on Triangle Pro for quite some time but I started getting very fed up with the mess it makes on my cue and hands. My hands are blue after each session! I wouldn't go back to Taom, V2 or not. Its simply over priced. So I just purchased some Olive coloured Super Cup chalk from Amazon. 12 cubes for £4! Had to try at that bargain price. I use a medium Phoenix laminated tip. So after 3 sessions with the stuff, here is my verdict. Olive is 100% the right colour to have. It barely shows up on the cloth what little it does seem to leave on there. Where i was getting multiple kicks in a single session using Triangle Pro, I have had just one in 3 sessions. Thats already a major improvement. There is no mess left around the top of the wood by the tip or on my hands so another plus. Not one single mis cue either. So the bad? There is one. It does leave 'spots' on the cue ball, just like the Triangle Pro but you don't need to chalk as much I've found with Super Cup so that does help minimise the spots on the cueball but i don't mind that considering how good I think this chalk is plus i was already used to it with the Triangle Pro. The lack of mess it leaves on the table is just brilliant. I really do recommend this chalk! At around 35p per block, it makes forking out £15 for Taom even more of a joke.
                      I use light green triangle. So far so good.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        I use light green triangle. So far so good.
                        I used to but got so frustrated with the mess it leaves on the table. Probably didn't care much when I was at the club but when it's your own, then I took a different standpoint on it!!
                        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                          I used to but got so frustrated with the mess it leaves on the table. Probably didn't care much when I was at the club but when it's your own, then I took a different standpoint on it!!
                          Yes, it leaves marks on the table. Especially with those deep screw shots. I don’t own a table so I don’t bother much.

Comment

• Can someone please stick a link up to this super cup chalk, im getting no hits on google.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Slickfish View Post
                              Can someone please stick a link up to this super cup chalk, im getting no hits on google.
                              This is the stuff I bought. The colour is perfect for leaving invisible marks on the cloth (what little it does drop). Another plus I have noticed, now after 5 or 6 sessions with it, its doesn't look like I've used it! Still no kicks either.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-Cup-...H3I?th=1&psc=1

Comment

• Nice one thanks mate, might give it a try

Comment

Working...
                                X