Changes to Crucible Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    Apparently some are sponsored by bookies.
    Ah! Right. Sorry, I don't follow football on any level
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by richiet View Post
      It's not an issue of looking smarter. BetFred spend hundreds of thousands supporting this event, why should other betting firms get free exposure through spectators wearing football tops?
      Well they should have said that then, shouldn't they? They said "smart" clothes, not "no bookies logos that aren't ours".

Comment

Also I don't remember seeing anyone but FRB wearing a football top, I'd never actually noticed him until someone pointed him out on here. But Coventry city are sponsored by a legal firm in Coventry https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...t-two-11324632

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          wonder how long it took him to find this one, did he (the missus?) find others for the rest of the tournament? - we wait with bated breath :biggrin:
          He’s not let you down this morning
          Can’t wait for the brown polo shirt to appear lol

Comment

He should get Bet365 stuck on the front

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Ah! Right. Sorry, I don't follow football on any level
              Nor do I, but my snooker buddy does and he told me on Saturday

Comment

Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                It's not an issue of looking smarter. BetFred spend hundreds of thousands supporting this event, why should other betting firms get free exposure through spectators wearing football tops?
                It's not free though is it, the fans/fools actually buy these shirts and advertise their football team sponsors whenever and where ever they wear them. Those football team sponsors should pay them £40 a shirt for doing so.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Snooker spectator dress code up for discussion on BBC later this afternoon. I wonder if they'll get Hearn on to explain all.
                  Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Shaun Murphy comes across as being a real 'yes' man. How can he possibly compare tobacco advertising to the donning of a football shirt.

Mark Allen had it spot on for me. The most important thing is to get bums on seats. What they're wearing is irrelevant.

Comment

Just to add a little more to those stupid remarks from Smurf.

He claims that snooker is trying to clean up it's act and then look who the main sponsor is....a betting website!

If the WPBSA really want to clean up their act, don't allow betting websites to be plastered everywhere you look.

And while they're at it, get rid of this stupid walk on music that they feel they have to play to stir up the atmosphere.

Comment

Was talking to my Dad at his 90th bash the other day, he said when he was a lad you wouldn't leave the house without a tie on .... hahaha

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Was talking to my Dad at his 90th bash the other day, he said when he was a lad you wouldn't leave the house without a tie on .... hahaha
                          While walking the whippet or getting the pigeons in!
                          Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Originally Posted by djax View Post
                            Altho that is a Northern thing, he never had either of those lol

Comment

Originally Posted by djax View Post
                              better than jellied eels or knees up mother brown

Comment

The footy shirts ruling was covered today. [sarcasm] I was absolutely flabbergasted to hear Shaun Murphy say he supported the decision [/sarcasm]
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X