English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Cue0803 View Post
    I’ve missed this til now, looks like a red near the pink got closer. A mistake has been made, it’s sad that all footballers are cheats, fouling to stop players and it’s accepted.
    It's some 38 years ago I had trials with a few professional football clubs.

I stopped playing completely for a while as got tired of a professional coach spending lots of the coaching time showing us kids as we were how to cheat the ref.

Unfortunately it was ploughed into you that nobody remembers losers, you win or you are nothing; killed my enjoyment of a great game even as a 17 years old as I knew it was wrong and left.
    Last edited by Shockerz; 20 October 2018, 09:45 PM.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
      It's pretty obvious that he lost on purpose tonight.
      Nah he's just not good enough anymore 😁

Comment

• I agree with a couple of comments, looked like a thrown mate, playing shots that were blatantly not on, that last get out of the snooker attempt when he kept hitting the pink, easy shot off the side cushion, same a few frames earlier when he couldn't even find the cluster of reds

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS : Ronnie to appear on Jeremy Kyle show for a lie detector test :P

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            It’s just the excuse the RO haters we’re waiting for, isn’t it? And no I don’t say this as a fan. As it happens I’m pretty neutral when it comes to O’Sullivan, but the suggestion he knew about the foul is ludicrous. As another poster said there was so much more going on. He was lifting a rest and his cue together, with all the knocking and rattling that entails. The contact was minimal. Quite frankly I’m amazed so many people can’t see all of this, but as I say some people just can’t wait to pounce.
            Any stick to beat him with Billie and they'll pick it up and use it. It's clear the insults from social media got to him, didn't throw the match exactly but didn't have any desire to win it.
            Would have been different if the foul had been seen by the ref and the chinese lad then missed the next shot, but well done Mark Davis and I hope he wins it.

Compared to football snooker is squeaky clean, players call their own fouls that refs don't notice and never move balls into pottable positions while the ref isn't looking, which is very often and could easily be taken advantage of.
            To call Ronnie a cheat after a 26 year career when this has happened just once says more about the haters than it does about Ronnie.
            He's the greatest talent at his chosen game on the planet, so get over it, he really is that good so enjoy him while you can, we can't afford to lose him yet.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
              I see where you're coming from, but come on lol, compare it with say football, where a clear penalty opportunity is denied by the referee etc, YES, he clearly fouled, but the ref didn't call it, if he really didn't see it at the time (maybe believable?) then who's really to blame? Things like this happen in sport all the time.
              It's ok mate, I've come back from Mars today and see it slightly differently now. You are of course right. Ronnie's done a few things in recent times that have made me think "do you really want to win at any cost"?

After taking more time to watch the videos several times I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one, I really wasn't sure yesterday though.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                You are of course right. Ronnie's done a few things in recent times that have made me think "do you really want to win at any cost"?
                Could you name them as I'm at a loss to remember any.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  It's pretty obvious that he lost on purpose tonight.
                  Actually he was totally outplayed

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    Could you name them as I'm at a loss to remember any.
                    The main one would be the shoulder barge against Ali.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Great start by Mark . Only another 8 to go .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                        The main one would be the shoulder barge against Ali.
                        Carter was at fault for that one, try again.

Comment

• Oh my days! The cameraman on that lesson with O'Sullivan showing how to take a red off the cushion was hopeless! Every single time he failed to follow the cue ball after the pot, so we missed the moving of the red. There was a second camera, but the director kept forgetting to switch in time!
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Oh my days! The cameraman on that lesson with O'Sullivan showing how to take a red off the cushion was hopeless! Every single time he failed to follow the cue ball after the pot, so we missed the moving of the red. There was a second camera, but the director kept forgetting to switch in time!
                            Ha that was really annoying!!!

Comment

• Enjoying this final , got a bit of everything . Breaks , safety play and a few tactical frames .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                Carter was at fault for that one, try again.
                                I think both of them were not without fault at that incident.

Comment

Working...
                                X