X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monstar tips

Has anybody tried these? Feedback would be good

https://www.craftsmancues.com/cgi-bi...2ehtml#SID=198
    Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

You can get a couple ADR147 laminated tips through Andrews email for the price of a Monstar tip. Can’t imagine the Monstar tip being any better than the already excellent ADR147, well not £5 more lol:biggrin:
    VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
    Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
    Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
    Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Andrews email here Adr147@hotmail.com
      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Hi there. I would say that Monstar tips are the best I've ever tried and I still have it on. They are simply the very best out there! Once fitted and shaped, they do not mushroom in the slightest like all others do. So you can rest assured that the first time you shape it will also be the last. They work very well indeed with either Taom or Triangle pro chalk. They are also what they say they are in terms of hardness. I have a medium which is exactly that. There are many other tips out there that state they are soft. In truth they play like stone. I've tried most tips in the past but will happily stick with these thanks.
        Last edited by inevermissblue; 22 October 2018, 05:45 PM.
        Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
        https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
          Hi there. I would say that Monstar tips are the best I've ever tried and I still have it on. They are simply the very best out there! Once fitted and shaped, they do not mushroom in the slightest like all others do. So you can rest assured that the first time you shape it will also be the last. They work very well indeed with either Taom or Triangle pro chalk. They are also what they say they are in terms of hardness. I have a medium which is exactly that. There are many other tips out there that state they are soft. In truth they play like stone. I've tried most tips in the past but will happily stick with these thanks.
          HOW is this tip after another month now?
          I told you..when im good enough your butt wil be mine

Comment

Hi there. I still have mine on. Not sure how long I've had it but its got to be over 6 months nnow and still looks and plays better than any others I've ever used. I'm converted!
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

I finally got round to sticking one of these on. Gotta say they are very nice. Had a 92 and 96 within an hour of it being on. Very similar to my Talisman Trinity (probably why I like it) I'm a big fan of layered tips.
              Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Aren't they great! I did have a tendency to try other tips just through curiousity but I think that was more out of wanting something more. Well I suppose that I must have found it. My mate has one on too. His tip is still the same size, still holds the chalk really well and hasn't mushroomed in the slightest. I am very happy with it.
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                  x2 on all of that.

I've got a monstar soft on fitted by a very experienced player and tip fitter, it's hardly moved in 5 months and just plays beautifully.
                  He's fitted a few more of these tips for happy customers north of the border, will be sticking with monstar myself absolutely brilliant tip.

Comment

Mine is still going strong 8 months later with regular practice! Unbelievable tips! Probabaly get another 12 months out of it at this rate

Comment

Help help help! Monstar tip shortage! Can't get one anywhere. Had mine on for coming up to 4 years. Want and need another. They are truly magnificent.
                      Anyone else have any going spare???
                      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Reviving an old thread on the off chance anyone is still looking for these tips.

I managed to source some and can get these in towards the end of May but the price isnt going to be cheap. Unfortunately, theyre going to be between £23-£26 delivered in the UK which is quite alot for a single tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Gomaomine View Post
                          Reviving an old thread on the off chance anyone is still looking for these tips.

I managed to source some and can get these in towards the end of May but the price isnt going to be cheap. Unfortunately, theyre going to be between £23-£26 delivered in the UK which is quite alot for a single tip.
                          I'd be interested in having one. Best out there imo. A 10mm in green.
                          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

It'll only be available in 14mm I'm afraid so will need cutting down. But I will make another update once I get these in

Comment

Hi. Does anyone know why the Monstar tips are no longer available anywhere? There really isn't anything else on the market that comes close. I mean nothing at all, before anyone recommends anything.
                              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Working...
                              X