Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tables....

I'm sure I have done similarly stupid things in the past

But I have managed not to fire a bid on this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thurstons...gAAOSwCMtaZJQ2

The main reason is because I know diddly squat about the costs of moving it; whether it is any good; maintenence costs etc. Oh and I would need to rent somewhere to put it :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

I probably spend at lest £50 a week - so this may not be as daft as it reads???

I was quoted £400 for a table to be dismantled and moved last week.
    H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post

But I have managed not to fire a bid on this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thurstons...gAAOSwCMtaZJQ2

The main reason is because I know diddly squat about the costs of moving it; whether it is any good; maintenence costs etc. Oh and I would need to rent somewhere to put it :biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Where abouts are you located?

Dismantling should be least of your worries.

Its the unloading that should be a concern.

A few months ago I bought a B&W near sandhurst - Dean H and shockerz recommended the same guy to me.

I think he charged me £150 maybe £100 I would need to check.

My brother drove down with a few cousins in a rented truck and it was loaded on very easily.

We got back to Manchester and it was hard work trying to get the slates out.

I have since bought a piano trolley. Not sure if I will ever use it but bought it anyway just incase.

Comment

Would you believe Manchester?

Comment

Would you believe Manchester?
          lol. Where abouts? Where do you play currently?

You're more than welcome to borrow my piano trolley if you need it!

Comment

Atherton or thingy near the MEN (yes I was there that night....)

I think I'd need more that a piano trolley, whatever one of those is, lol.

Comment

Atherton or thingy near the MEN (yes I was there that night....)

I think I'd need more that a piano trolley, whatever one of those is, lol.
              I hate steven Charles near the MEN

I played on the match table a few weeks ago even that's crap!

Piano trolley is to move your slate around.

The rest of the stuff isn't hard to move its just the slate that causes problems

Comment

Lol to first.

And then it needs building......

If I find somewhere to rent to put it

Comment

Lol to first.

And then it needs building......

If I find somewhere to rent to put it
                  Ive got a guy who can assemble it too.

Was recommended by Geoff (thanks Geoff).

He used to make tables for B&W. Geoff said he has nearly if not more experience than he does with snooker tables.

He's a really nice guy.

Comment

Thanks for the info etc. It is a very leftfield idea at the moment - but I do talk myself into doing daft things......

If you fancy a game sometime, let me now (assuming I'm anywhere near your level).

Comment

So are you currently hovering over the submit bid button, with a bid of £301?

Comment

NO, and don't tempt me - I have closed the window

But the idea is simmering away, and would need to do some digging re slate and tight pockets.

I am on the case of someone who may know of somewhere that I can rent cheaply though, lol.

Comment

would need to do some digging re slate and tight pockets.
                          Drop Geoff an email or put a post up in the tables section.

Really helpful he is

Comment

Working...
                          X