This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by bywagh View Post
    Nice looking cue ...did the rubber bumper come with it or did you get one made ?
    Thank you the arrows are lovely. I got it a year ago within 8 weeks of order.

Mike made this with a recessed F1 joint so I could fit a rubber plug in the end to stop the metal joint getting damaged. Some of the bars have stone or tiled floors and old habits of standing around with the butt on the floor are hard to stop.... in the old days the snooker rooms had carpet so no damaged butts.

I went to a guy who does work on pool cues here in San Diego and I looked through his butt rubber collection and then with a bit of careful trimming with my mate Stanley I made it fit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by chidles2 View Post
      It does have butt joint. I never thought to buy extensions at the time
      when you order your extension and mini butt, ask about a rubber pin to save your cue from damage on the floor. Cheers
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
        I think it depends what someone wants out of a cue. Composites like this have been used for years in musical instrument making. Even some expensive gibson les Paul's have composite fingerboards, and they perform well and are popular with performers. But... you wouldn't want it on a collectors item, or an older guitar or an antique violin. Same with cues i suppose, if you want a cue only for its performance I doubt ebobo/ebonex is going to affect much if you're happy with the weight if its attached to a decent shaft. It's more sustainable and cheaper, so i'd imagine it will be more of a norm in the future
        I agree, its all about what you want and are willing to pay. cost are going thru the roof..ebony makes a better gift... cheers
        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• i would've thought that as a maple player you could avoid paying the arrows/ultimate premium and just shoot for a regular classic. is there any difference in a regular vs ultimate maple shaft?

Comment

• the shafts are cleaner as you grade up

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
              i would've thought that as a maple player you could avoid paying the arrows/ultimate premium and just shoot for a regular classic. is there any difference in a regular vs ultimate maple shaft?
              I asked the same question in general and they said the playability is not necessarily different but the shaft is cleaner and aesthetically superior.

This does look the part - silky smooth too (I saw the cue)

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
                the shafts are cleaner as you grade up
                How long you have to wait,maple and 3/4 cue should be faster I guess.

Comment

• very nice
                  what are the specs?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• 55", 9.25mm, 18oz, 29.5mm, balance at 16"

too short for most haha

Comment

• Comment

• How long was the waiting list and if you don't mind me asking what was the cost? Ash ultimates are expensive to say the least.

too short for most haha[/QUOTE]

Comment

• How long was the waiting list and if you don't mind me asking what was the cost? Ash ultimates are expensive to say the least.

Comment

• That Trevor white looks incredible narl.

Comment

• He hasn't made mini butts with his name in for years . People were taking the badge out and putting them in cues .

Looks fantastic with his badge in .
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                              X