No announcement yet.

Changes to Crucible Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I was thinking the dress code is a good idea but after reading some of the comments I agree it's too heavy handed to impose it from the beginning of the tournament and could lead to ugly scenes when someone is singled out and refused entry. Not everyone will be able to just buy new clothes to get in and what about people with novelty T-shirts? It will be a sad day when someone is turned away because they're wearing a T-shirt with a picture of Willie Thorne, Victoria Wood Or Liza Tarbuck on it.

I like to see a more formal occassion for the final sessions and how the VIPS opt for a black tie approach but in the other sessions I don't see why it's such a problem when the camera is meant to be on the game anyway. Yet more tedious panning around the crowds inbetween frames instead of switching back to the studio for a brief post frame analysis.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it, the trouble is these days there's no common sense with anything, no harm in looking at improving things, but some things are just nuts !
      Brian's supported the event every year paid his money for tickets so what he wears shouldn't really be an issue, regardless of possible sponsor/commercial issues, he's not really advertising anything is he other than the fact he supports Coventry.

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
        just a thought. ....the dress code is at the request of the 'event promoter'. is this bet Fred or world snooker???
        If its bet Fred as the sponsor I can appreciate they don't want visible audience members advertising rival online betting companies on shirt fronts. Maybe the 'smart' thing is a subtle way of avoiding free advertising for other companies not tied to the event.
        Maybe betfred are worried about players using other companies to place there match bets on, unless of course, they give them an idea of the " likely result " to help get the odds right............
        Last edited by CueAntW147; 16 April 2018, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Not sure if you guys have read this: Mr.Coventry is PISSED lol

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...entry-14536856

Comment

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post

You can't blame him really...........after all he wears his full range of Coventry shirts not just one, plus he's already paid for the tickets, now he'll have to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes its an expensive game........
            Last edited by CueAntW147; 16 April 2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

He should get a suit made with Coventry logos all over it.

Comment

Were these changes known before the tickets went on sale last year? If not Hearn doesn't have a leg to stand on: imagine buying tickets for something then being told clothing is not permitted and only naked people willl be let in.....

Comment

It's not even listed anyhwere on the Crucible website - I think they're flying a kite.

Comment

So the T's & C's have been changed after the Contract has been finalised...... I doubt that it can be enforced, legally - but may need to go to the courts as Bazza will have his failed boxers on the Doors?

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      It's not even listed anyhwere on the Crucible website - I think they're flying a kite.
                      It's listed on the world snooker website but its not exactly prominent. I had an email yesterday from Sheffield theatres about parking, cloakroom facilities etc. and no mention in that communication about any dress code.
                      This has the potential for a lot of either pissed off or topless spectators ??

Comment

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post

Ha

"Barry Hearn is an absolute disgrace, he wants to bring the sport in line with the darts. I may as well go in dressed as Snow White or a Smurf.

"He's a dinosaur and he's ruining the sport that I love."

Give me a break, if it wasn't for Hearn he probably wouldn't have a sport to go to anyway.

I agree with the comment above. Football shirts are for kids, hooligans and chavs (and footballers on a football field). Not for middle aged blokes to wear in a respectable theatre.
                        Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                          So the T's & C's have been changed after the Contract has been finalised...... I doubt that it can be enforced, legally - but may need to go to the courts as Bazza will have his failed boxers on the Doors?
                          Most of the Crucible staff don't look like failed boxers to me, unless this year is different!

Comment

This probably isn’t about football shirts or looking smarter. Most likely, it’s about sponsorship logos on shirts getting free airtime on the beeb which, it would appear, the current WC sponsor and Barry Hearn have agreed shouldn’t happen.

Comment

Really pleased about this.

"Front Row Brian" should be grateful that he is able to get front row tickets every year, no questions asked.

My vote would be to allocate tickets randomly so that somebody new, perhaps a father with his child who is just developing an interest in snooker, could get the good seats on the front row, rather than a middle-aged, ungrateful, football shirt wearing spectator with a gross sense of entitlement.

I think such a rule has become more likely now that this Brian character has publicly criticised Barry Hearn.

Here's hoping anyway.

Comment

Changes to Crucible Rules

'Season tickets' which front row Brian have had for yonks, aren't being made available next year. Different allocation and booking system for 2019 tickets. Though I imagine we'll still see him as you can get '19 tix in person from the Crucible Box office on the morning of this year's final so I guess he'll be at the front of the queue.....

Comment

Working...
                                X