No announcement yet.

Kamui Tip review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one I've had is lifeless. It doesn't have the bounce of a hologram medium. Which I have always liked about these. Soft screws and drag shots just don't come off as they should. Sure, playing anything pacey or with power and its not noticeable. Even playing pool is fine, as the cue ball is lighter. I'm so used to the black Kamui now that any change to me is magnified!
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by prince07799 View Post
      I love the Kamui tips ive used them for a while

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3614172611...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These are the same people who run cue craft

The phoenix medium are a very good tip at over half the price, both worth a try
      is that the price for just one or x4 tips like in the pic?

Comment

One tip Jason ........£9.99
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
          Hi all. Would like to report a disaster! I am very usually happy with the original black medium kamui's, and think that they are unsurpassed. However...i recently tried their new snkr ones! They are completely useless imho! Absolutely no purchase on the cue ball. My game is suffering seriously as a result!
          So you would be very grateful to take my advice, by steering well clear of these!!! Why is it that when a company produce a really good product, they have to go and try to better it??? Don't fix what ain't broke!

Cannot wait to get my good old 'original' black medium! Normal service SHALL resume!

I have tried most tips and found most of them to be very disappointing indeed! Even the kamui imitations could perfectly match these 'new' snkr kamui's...dreadful!!!!!
          I thought the smaller Kamui tips for snooker have been around for some time. I recall trying both their tan and black snooker tips and I can't get used to either of them.

Yet the bigger sized ones play alright but they tend to harden up too much for my liking.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            is that the price for just one or x4 tips like in the pic?
            Just the 1 tip, expensive but good tips

Comment

That is strange. Lol.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Well...after a much more careful purchase from an altogether better ebay shop, I now have an original black medium kamui on! (hologram). Not played snooker with it yet, but I can tell the difference straight away. Even by the sound when chalking it! It feels much more bouncy, as all the others I had, have been!
                God only knows what they've done to these snkr range, but they fall far short of any improvement for me.
                There's nothing worse than a tip playing harder than its referred to. My days of trialing this 'n' that are over!
                Kamui originals all the way!!!!! Kamui... Stop messing with stuff! All you imitators..get over it!
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

thanks for informing us all about the shortcomings of the snkr kamui's my tip came off the other week took a gamble on an adr147 supersoft but it seems hard even though its supposed to be a supersoft tip so i'll probably try a soft kamui next as i usually use the black medium but feel like trying a softer tip they have all the kamui range on john parrots website at £12.90 a little expensive but probably worth it to know you have a proper kamui

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeharris1701 View Post
                    thanks for informing us all about the shortcomings of the snkr kamui's my tip came off the other week took a gamble on an adr147 supersoft but it seems hard even though its supposed to be a supersoft tip so i'll probably try a soft kamui next as i usually use the black medium but feel like trying a softer tip they have all the kamui range on john parrots website at £12.90 a little expensive but probably worth it to know you have a proper kamui
                    Very expensive, have you had a look on Dave Coutts site?

Comment

thanks for that i phoned cuecraft they said that kamui assured him that the snkr kamui's are identical only the logo has changed i think my last tip or the one before that came from coutts cues it was the hologram version and played excellent just looked on his website they appear to have them i'll ring first tomorrow to check if it is the right one failing that i'll just have to buy one from john parrott as i dont think its worth gambling £10 on a snkr version to possibly save £3 plus i fancy trying a soft to see how that performs if that is noticably better than a medium then progress to ss version

Comment

Hey guys,

What is the difference between Kamui medium and Kamui SNKR medium?

Comment

Originally Posted by Met75 View Post
                          Hey guys,

What is the difference between Kamui medium and Kamui SNKR medium?
                          They are harder and have very little compression. Since the hologram versions are no longer available I moved over to Monstar mediums. Very good tips. Unfortunately these too are becoming very hard to source.
                          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post

They are harder and have very little compression. Since the hologram versions are no longer available I moved over to Monstar mediums. Very good tips. Unfortunately these too are becoming very hard to source.
                            Thank you, I understand.
                            I do not like the hard tips, I recently started using Kamui soft tip.
                            Not bad, a littlebit medium feeling. If it wears off I try super soft version.

Comment

Working...
                            X