No announcement yet.

Jason Owen - Cue Guru Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave it alone chaps, don't see why this should all be spewed up again - Jason's made changes to his marketing and website accordingly, I see no reason for people to dwell.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
      Leave it alone chaps, don't see why this should all be spewed up again - Jason's made changes to his marketing and website accordingly, I see no reason for people to dwell.
      No dwelling, I was trying to say that Jason has made those excellent changes, for the sake of clarity,
      and so it would be nice to see his work as it nears completion , on the site again.

That's what this thread was started for after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• ive had a close look at two of his cues, one maple and one ash and both were of highest quality cues . maple shaft was planed and finished to perfection.

Comment

• Does anyone in the North west of England own one of Jason's cues?
          I should really like to order one but have a personal policy of try before buy.
          Any help would be appreciated!
          Jason
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
            Does anyone in the North west of England own one of Jason's cues?
            I should really like to order one but have a personal policy of try before buy.
            Any help would be appreciated!
            Jason
            You wouldn't be able to assess much about a cue you want to order new, by having a hit with someone else's Jason Owen cue.

I'm sure you know all this already, but obviously every shaft will play different, and every different spec for the cue makes it unique.

Mine was number 070, and he's up in the high hundreds by now, so even the finish method and quality has probably changed since mine.

Comment

• I personnaly have #144 and I can tell you the finish is the best I have ever had. Cue plays extremely well and wood selection is excellent. You can order a cue from Jason eyes closed, trust me. He's a bit underestimated IMHO.
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                You wouldn't be able to assess much about a cue you want to order new, by having a hit with someone else's Jason Owen cue.

I'm sure you know all this already, but obviously every shaft will play different, and every different spec for the cue makes it unique.

Mine was number 070, and he's up in the high hundreds by now, so even the finish method and quality has probably changed since mine.
                I would be able to access as much info as required. Eg quality of material, hit and feel. Pictures on the internet can't provide this.
                ----
                I've had many custom pool cues built but only having used one prior.
                This should be my first custom built snooker cue and I'm a believer that the cue chooses the player not the other way around.

That said, quality always shines and I've read great things about JO cues, which is why I'd like to use one first.
                I except that any cue built for myself would be like no other, hence "custom built".

If I had the money to buy a Ferrari, I'd still want a test drive.
                Call me daft but that's the way I like to do it
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
                  Sorry if it's a bit of a thick question but when you say part finished what exactly is a part finished cue is it just a shaft and then cue makers adding there own splices ??
                  A wise question all buyers should ask all cue makers to answer in writing. The position is then legally binding under the Trades Descriptions Act 1968 I have been informed. That's not causing trouble (before anyone says it is), just verifying origin of goods and knowing your rights as a consumer and making a purchase based on an informed position. If they refuse to answer or blank you; well, silence contains information.

Comment

• Just taken delivery of my Jason Owen Cue.
                    It's brilliant. Feels just right, quality finish, I can highly recommend him.

Comment

Working...
                    X