Parris cues visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    Let's face it, 5 years is a joke. Mike Wooldridge, who's making as good cues as Parris, if not better, just stopped taking orders when he was under the water, just to give himself time to recover and honor his orders. Parris shoud just do the same.
    Mike can provide you with a Legend in a couple weeks time when Parris makes you wait an entire geological era.....
    One has to ask the question how MW can do this as opposed to TW and JP who have very long waiting lists, what's the difference in his set up and business ?

All JP has to do is employ a few apprentices, that's how it used to be back in the day. They do the spade work like cutting the raw boards into squares, planing the first two tapers, do the heavy sanding, make the tea and tidy up whilst watching the experienced craftsmen and learning. The government will even pay a percentage of the wages, you can have an apprentice waiter for pete's sake so why not an apprentice cuemaker.
    There must be plenty of young people in london looking for work, and JP's business is obviously thriving so why not expand the workforce and the premises and kick on. If he took his present business acumen on to Dragon's Den he'd be torn down a strip or two and they'd be 'cueing up' to invest knowing the margins that can be made from pointed sticks.

Comment

Good point there Vmax.....how can he turn cues round so quickly .

I suppose it has to be .......how many cues does MW make per month compared to JP .

I can only assume that MW must have a load of cues virtually ready then adjusts them to the clients spec .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

He clearly doesn't have the orders some do...

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Good point there Vmax.....how can he turn cues round so quickly .

I suppose it has to be .......how many cues does MW make per month compared to JP .

I can only assume that MW must have a load of cues virtually ready then adjusts them to the clients spec .
          Agreed, he certainly doesn't make them from scratch in two weeks.

Comment

No he does hava stock and then customize according to the customer's need. But that means he still takes the time to build many cues in advance. His waiting time is then reduced.
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
            X