Test on gripping of cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test on gripping of cue

Hi guys. want to request those of you who have problems with overgripping on delivery to try this out.
    rubber band grip.JPG
    Using a normal sized rubber band (maybe the size of a large ringed condom LOL), loop a figure 8 between your thumb and forefinger.
    put your cue butt through, with the figure 8 part of the band locking the cue butt against your palm.
    Hold the cue butt as you normally would.
    Now the rubber band should hold the cue in place, providing enough grip to keep it from flying out.
    Relax your grip and play shots without worry.
    Get the hang of not gripping too hard on shots.
    After about 3 to 4 games in, remove the rubber band and play.
    Does it help you not to grip the cue too tightly?

It worked very well for me. After 4 games in, I removed the rubber band and was able to forget about gripping the cue.
    Let me know if this works for you guys! Thanx!

This is a snooker forum, most of us haven't had sex for years...

Comment

Originally Posted by Booters View Post
      This is a snooker forum, most of us haven't had sex for years...
      Speak for your self Booters! :wink:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Another perk for mods lol. I can see a range of tsf condoms coming out just to wrap round your cue butt.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
          Another perk for mods lol. I can see a range of tsf condoms coming out just to wrap round your cue butt.
          Along with claims that they're the best ever made, having been tested by members and now sold by you know who. :biggrin-new:

Never tried this rubber band trick; wonder if it's useful. I learned the Reardon way. Hold the cue up at the butt with the ring grip (don't use the 3 back fingers), let it slide slightly and grip just enough to stop the slide. That's the ring grip at the correct firmness. And everyone should adopt the ring grip with no gaps; the pro way to go!

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
            Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            I wonder which spec would improve play e.g 6 inch ribbed on a 57" jpu elk tipped ??

Comment

I tried using index finger ring to thumb, but can't pot straight... felt better using middle finger and relax my index finger, able to deliver straighter cueing and more cue action. Couldn't understand but it does feel better for me...
              Hi Ho The Merry Yo, The Black Went In The Hole~ :snooker:

Comment

I also find potting straight ball difficult by using the index finger ring to thumb method. Adopting the middle finger and relax index finger way, I feel my shot lacking the power for certain situations. I then tried to let the cue just hanging on my last 4 fingers, I realized I can play soft or power shots pretty comfortable.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                  I wonder which spec would improve play e.g 6 inch ribbed on a 57" jpu elk tipped ??
                  surely, ADR Super Soft tip for that added satisfaction?! :wink-new:
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X